Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

merrittj3 t1_j94jo8m wrote

President Carter is a good and humble man who will hear the words he most desires to hear...

" Well done, thy good and faithful servant..."

euchrebot t1_j94tdhp wrote

Isn’t that a Palpatine quote? Sorry not up on my movie references

−10

WreckMyAssRalph t1_j94k8wc wrote

Spent his post presidency building houses. My views on service are what he taught me. Rest in Honor when you pass, My president and America's greatest. A fellow Christian and service member, I'll be glad to spend eternity in hell with him.

wiredpair t1_j96kw0q wrote

I had a neighbor that was interviewed by Rickover. He told me about his interview. Rickover asked him why he wanted to be in “his” Nuclear Submarine program. My neighbor said that he was in the top 5 of the Naval Academy and was studying Nuclear Engineering because that was his passion and the fact that it was “his” program was inconsequential. Rickover screamed “PUT HIM IN THE BOX!” And the proceeded to throw pens and pencils at my neighbor while two guards dragged him away and put him in a closet with a single stool and a hanging lightbulb. He sat there for two hours after which they opened the door and asked if was ready to be respect-full to the Admiral. He finished the interview and got the job.

quietly_vociferous t1_j94vopq wrote

I think, if not for Rickover our nuclear Navy is 15-20 years later, behind the Soviets.

Timbershoe t1_j9533fe wrote

Meh.

The US subs don’t catch fire or sink killing the crews.

Quality over quantity.

Phredee t1_j95ct4v wrote

The just run into things.

−1

EatLard t1_j98oobf wrote

And even more prone to accidents. One thing Rickover would absolutely never compromise on was safety.

blueskies1800 t1_j97pztu wrote

My husband worked on his staff as an Ensign in the early 70s while the Viet Nam war was going on. He greatly respected the Admiral who worked hard and didn't want any cushy stuff for himself like chauffeurs and fancy furniture in his office.

euchrebot t1_j94t6z6 wrote

Carter eh?

Hammsammitch t1_j95n1e9 wrote

No, Simpson. He's one of your carbon blobs from Sector 7-G.