Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

A-Random-Crow t1_iuaqvx9 wrote

Just two friends being pals. I wish I had a human friend like this...

Gruddles t1_iua5dzf wrote

I wish I knew your uncle. He seems cool. Crows are very smart and will remember you. For better or worse..I’ve read about this guy who harassed some and they targeted his ass for awhile. Imagine having a bird as a nemesis.

EmmyCrossingx OP t1_iua6gpf wrote

His name is Dudley (my grandmother’s maiden name which I love) and he was the oldest of six- my mother is the youngest. Sadly he passed away from cancer when I was pretty young, in the late 90s. I remember meeting him once and playing games on our Nintendo NES with him- when his cancer was becoming overwhelming our parents asked us if we could give him the Nintendo for some comfort and entertainment. It was no question.

I posted another picture of him while he was on Coast Guard duty in what is assumed Hawaii. He later became a very talented harmonica player and artist. My mom still has some pictures he painted and I can tell that as her oldest brother he holds a very special place in her heart!

I’ve been “joking” about befriending some crows for a while now, and now it feels like a family legacy.

Gruddles t1_iua8acf wrote

I looked at your other post! Very nice picture.

He sounds like he was a very interesting person and has a loving family.