Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bitchan4 t1_ixxivdx wrote

A WWII vet, Schultz unit saw combat only at the very end of the war. He was surprised one day when a German soldier suddenly appeared before him. Schultz pulled the trigger on his weapon but had forgot to load it. Fortunately the enemy soldier threw down his weapon and surrendered. It's theorized that the trauma of thinking one second he was going to die and the next second realizing he could have taken another human's life was a nascent force in driving him to create a world of innocence where children played bereft of the meddling of adults.

World-Tight t1_ixz3bxo wrote

As Charlie Brown's mother used to say in the cartoons: "Wah wah wah wah WAH wah wah,"

JPPT1974 t1_ixwf9en wrote

Happy 100th Birthday in Heaven Mr. Schulz!

Damned_I_Am t1_ixwgnb8 wrote

I saw “A Charlie Brown Christmas” the first year it ever aired, and it was magic. I appreciate this man making my childhood that much sweeter.

TheBlizzman t1_ixxllnr wrote

In the 90s I worked for a hockey team his son was a coach for. He wore Hawaiian shirts unbuttoned to the navel and had a flowing mullet. Sacramento River Rats!

[deleted] t1_ixwgm8k wrote

I'd love to claim having a successful 50 year career doing something I love

World-Tight t1_ixxewjf wrote

My favorite bit of Schulzian wit and wisdom is the time Linus said, "I love mankind; it's people I can't stand."