Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dewpacs t1_j6aunw6 wrote

100 years from now people will be looking at historic photos of Californians fleeing drought

Far_Out_6and_2 t1_j6bt9hr wrote

I wonder what there thinking right then

LittleWhiteBoots t1_j6gx3u5 wrote

I have a very similar photo of my great grandparents leaving Amarillo, TX in 1932, but they had mattresses and rugs tied to the top and front. My grandmother was 1 month old and made the trip from TX to SoCal in a dresser drawer in the back seat.

Our family lived and thrived in the Los Angeles area until just the last few years. With the cost of living and insane population growth, nearly all of us “kids” have moved away, either to Idaho or Northern California.

I cannot believe that 90 years ago, SoCal was the Promise Land.

usedtobea3 t1_j6hvbiw wrote

They had climate change back then?

MichelleObamasBoner6 t1_j6b2po9 wrote

The same fucking people who fucked up Oklahoma have fucked up California and are moving back to Oklahoma.

Noreaster0 t1_j6d1wd7 wrote

Said California is the place you oughta be.

vinnydaq t1_j6dcg52 wrote

So they loaded up the Ford and moved to Santee!

APEHASKILLEDAPE t1_j6csa5a wrote

It’s was the hottest and driest decade in American history, suck it global warming.

−1

freshcoastghost t1_j6fbvsv wrote

It is completely ridiculous to think that what we do and been doing has no impact. Greenhouse gas is a real thing that we been blasting into the environment for over 100 years.

APEHASKILLEDAPE t1_j6fe7uc wrote

Well it was said tongue in cheek,

freshcoastghost t1_j6ffyc7 wrote

Got it.... Sorry, my defense mechanism kicked in is all. Getting old and a bit tired of deniers. Cheers.