Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gerzzy t1_j6v6pp6 wrote

Nice!! Is that Andromeda toward the bottom? What did you shoot with?

PAPix1009 OP t1_j6v7n4d wrote

Thanks! Nikon D7500 with a 16mm lens mounted on a tripod pointing straight up at the sky with the following manual mode settings:

• Aperture: ƒ/2.8
  • Shutter: 20s
  • ISO: 6400

artificialavocado t1_j6wyhog wrote

Is that galaxy Andromeda? To be that big it almost has to be I would think?

Accurate_Ad_8114 t1_j6ybkzn wrote

Yes it is. It is the faint dull green glow I see when I have gone on late night walks which rises in the east northeast late at night starting in September here in PA. To me, looking at this Andromeda Galaxy and looking out into the universe is a very mystical like experience. Andromeda Galaxy is 2 million light years away from earth.

THRlTY t1_j6wo88n wrote

I love seeing the sky in Potter County, I definitely recommend it for anyone who can make it up there. My family goes camping at Lyman Run State Park every year and we drive up to Cherry Springs at night to check out the sky. Always a treat, as long as it isn't raining or cloudy lol

mopar39426ml t1_j6wpn3k wrote

The only thing I honestly miss about living in Potter County is being able to see the night sky so nicely.

jezebellexx9 t1_j6vb2a3 wrote

Oh my word. I would die to see this 💜🖤

ho_merjpimpson t1_j6x09xx wrote

you can just.... drive up there for the weekend. no need to die! super cheap motels/rooms up there, or invest in a cheap tent. could even just sleep in your car! do it!

Tommy_Batch t1_j6wv7up wrote

Woo Hoo!!

You got a galaxy in the pic. Nice!

Accurate_Ad_8114 t1_j6yb5qf wrote

Very beautiful! Love it! I love looking up at the night sky on clear nights where I live. Where I live, there are places I would walk after dark and would see this with milky way going across night sky. Always a beautiful sight to see.