Submitted by Strangeglove t3_y9rjln in Pennsylvania

Hello all. We recently bought a home that we moved into this month. When I went to change my voter registration, I noticed the form asked to attest that you will have lived at the address for at least 30 days by the time of the election, which we will not have. Does anyone know whether we should vote in our old district, or the new one? Alternatively, is there somewhere I can call and confirm?

UPDATE I called the registrar of voters and confirmed, I need to vote at my old address. If you're in a similar spot, please consider making the treck! Voting is so so important - in this state, every vote counts.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Flimsy-Lie-1471 t1_it6ycm5 wrote

Strangeglove OP t1_it6ygtu wrote

Thanks, will call + share back what they say

IamSauerKraut t1_it772hy wrote

You should have a rental agreement or a settlement sheet for your new address depending on your situation. That will show the address. Otherwise, unless majorly inconvenient, cast your ballot at your former address.

WeJustDid46 t1_it73l2r wrote

Your old polling place

Collegenoob t1_it7p01r wrote

Yep. Just moved. Next election I'm voting at the new place. Not risking any changes this late in the game.

Inner-Figure5047 t1_it71841 wrote

Also, if you do end up voting at a new location, be sure to take your voter registration card and a valid photo ID.

orangesfwr t1_it7b0jf wrote

Correct, this is required in PA the first time you are voting at a new precinct's voting location. Not on subsequent votes.

However, in this case I'm thinking the county BoE will tell you to vote at your old precinct's polling location.

cbm984 t1_it71ot0 wrote

Does your ID have your old address on it? If so, (and you are not yet registered in your new district) you should go back to your old district to vote. Once you have been in your new home for 30 days, register to vote in your new district and make sure you update your address on your ID.

Chuck1705 t1_it74olo wrote

You'll have to vote in the old district...

Frehley75 t1_it74sn4 wrote

You’re old place of polling. Same thing happened to me a few years ago when we bought our house.

susinpgh t1_it755rv wrote

You can still vote if you move closer to the election. You just have to vote in your old polling place.

drunk-on-the-amtrak t1_it7v721 wrote

Vote in the old district. They may ask you for "affirmation". This is essentially paperwork to fill out because they know you've changed your address.

EazyBucnE t1_it9onf5 wrote

Is it too late to request an absentee ballot?

bignick222 t1_it75cmz wrote

So you have a license. Vote there

−3

sauerakt t1_it7ytxd wrote

You shouldn't. Be moral. Learn Natural Law.

−7