Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

fenuxjde t1_ivmo4ne wrote

Polls are not yet closed in Luzerne county, but as of now Shapiro and Fetterman have roughly 4 to 1 leads over their opposition.

MajinSkull t1_ivmrmri wrote

Big leads to start! Just have to hold on while pennsyltukky votes come in

ragunaxAS t1_ivn7851 wrote

Prayer warriors. So cringe.

berraberragood t1_ivohoqp wrote

It’s the first time I’ve seen that term outside of r/HermanCainAward.

Buffmin t1_ivmooso wrote

I expect the carpet bagger and christofascist to take the lead later tonight then the mail votes be counted to swing it to the dems

Then all the reps will cry foul because they lost and that's just unfair

Time will tell if I'm right

Baguette_Theory t1_ivmsai0 wrote

Mail in votes are counted first lol

MetaphysicalMayhem t1_ivn3a95 wrote

The process of examining exterior envelopes for signatures, dates, postmarks and received stamps, followed by the opening of the exterior envelopes to determine whether the ballot is “naked” (without an interior envelope; if so, it’s not counted), and then the process of counting the mailed ballots, began at 7:00 am. And the counting won’t be completed today almost definitely.

Shapiro has already been called as the winner, nonetheless, because his lead was massive. Fetterman v Oz will take longer because it’s closer.

Baguette_Theory t1_ivnczjt wrote

Even the GOP didn't expect Mastriano to win. It was called so soon because it was clear. And as you said, mail in ballots started at 7am unlike the poll votes which started at poll close

oldschoolskater t1_ivmv04q wrote

Yep. Most of them have been counted. Just counting the most recent mail in now. Then all the in person. Then the provisional. At least from what I understand.

Baguette_Theory t1_ivmv3x6 wrote

According to Fox, this is the way. That's why the race hasn't been called

redditornot6648 t1_ivmzl44 wrote

Yep.

It's gonna go:

1. mail ins for Dems

2. In person for Republicans

3. Provisionals/suspect late mail ins that are hotly debated for Dems.

RedStar9117 t1_ivnslzc wrote

Prayer had nothing to do with it. It was reasonable Pennsylvannians who care about the rights of others

Hey_Mr_D3 t1_ivmzfyl wrote

Pray, ironic choice of words.

ElderlyKratos t1_ivn0eg3 wrote

How so?

rhymeswithorange17 t1_ivn96e0 wrote

OP is encouraging the kind of religious enthusiasm that is typically associated with the Republican Party and the candidates that OP and many others on Reddit and ITT are against.

While it is an undeniable trend, I would like to gently remind people that there are plenty of Christians who are ashamed of what the GOP is now, and I don't think there's anything wrong with praying that a psycho scumbag like Mastriano, or a disgustingly rich walking lie like Oz don't get into office.

MetaphysicalMayhem t1_ivnb8p9 wrote

Plenty of anti-MAGA authoritarians are religious. Josh Shapiro is religious. Biden is religious, as is Obama. (Trump? Lol.) It’s entirely a matter of personal choice and conscience. It’s only a problem when someone tries to impose their religion on others.

mrsc1880 t1_ivncxyw wrote

You're absolutely right. And while we're at it, let's keep in mind that not all Republicans are voting for Mastriano and Oz. My husband and I used to cancel out each other's votes, but in the past few years, that has changed.

Hey_Mr_D3 t1_ivn98im wrote

Pray is a funny word because it invokes a god type reference into politics.

wrexracing t1_ivnao9j wrote

Fetterman is in bad shape, needs all the prayers he can get.

−8