Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Fine-Blacksmith-9330 t1_j1max80 wrote

Might need a eye exam

dwcerinofinarts OP t1_j1mbjp6 wrote

It was raining that day so I turned off the wiper blades and put it on long exposure if you could see on the left-hand side that was a truck passing me on the right hand side that was another truck passing me. Come on man I’m an artist lol I know what I’m doing

BoopBoop20 t1_j1nczby wrote

Uhh. So you’re blatantly admitting to taking this while driving while it’s raining with active traffic surrounding your vehicle and you shut off your wipers to get a better picture?

Yikes. Sir, you are not an artist but a dumbass.

Edit: also, I will be staying off the turnpike bc of idiots like yourself.

dwcerinofinarts OP t1_j1p8mgv wrote

Hey whatever it takes to get the shot this is what artists do. it was done remote control And my lane was slowing down anyway. Then again, why am I even explaining this lol

−1

Fluffy_Dziner t1_j1nkcgo wrote

It was only for a few seconds, and clearly it’s not a huge downpour. What he could actually see with the wipers off for a few moments was unquestionably a lot more clear than the photo.

Tell me you’ve absolutely never driven in some degree of rain with your wipers off for even a moment. I highly doubt that.

−7

BoopBoop20 t1_j1nlqd6 wrote

It’s thinking like this that gets people killed for no reason on the highway.

“It’s JuSt a FEw SeCoNdS”

I’ll have your loved ones say that at your funeral.

That_Checks t1_j1nqxyo wrote

Find your loved ones. Ask them to help you locate your meds.

−3

BoopBoop20 t1_j1nvlgs wrote

Ahh. Because I care about other people on the road I must be crazy and on medication.

I work in EMS bubs. I scrape people off the Highway every day. The worst are the ones who did nothing wrong but ultimately died bc of someone else’s stupidity.

But yes, sure, let’s call me crazy!

That_Checks t1_j1o1tf0 wrote

I'd just call you overzealous, not crazy. Maybe your job is affecting your interpersonal relationships though? Happy holidays.

−5

BoopBoop20 t1_j1qci19 wrote

Anymore back peddling that you want to do before the sarcastic “happy holidays” in which you try to “win the conversion” with?

That_Checks t1_j1qhxw9 wrote

Backpedaling? You're attacking people in this thread because you have a scenario built in your head about how dangerous this was. You weren't there. You don't know the setup. Just attacking because you're an EMT and you've seen some crashes. The meds reference was for your obvious anxiety and anger over this photo. Not everybody that takes meds is CrAzY...but as an EMT you should know that, right? You should take your own advice; StAy OfF tHe TuRnPiKe.

BoopBoop20 t1_j1qj7ht wrote

Lol you’re an angry little guy that like to make stuff up in your head and create these scenarios in which you think my head is creating. This “artist” made a stupid fucking decision and then decided to post it and describe in detail what insurance companies would like to call “negligence”.

You think I have anxiety over driving on the turnpike? Oh sir, you are quite silly.

As to the backpedaling- you first call me crazy and then backpedal and say I’m over zealous, then say that my job is creating these scenarios in my head creating this “anxiety” over driving.

Are you a psychologist? You seem to do a lot of diagnosing from behind the screen.

Here’s the difference between you and me;

My points are based are facts.

Fact; it takes one distracted moment to cause a crash

Fact: many people die because of someone else’s’ mistake while they were driving

Fact: taking a fucking picture on the turnpike during inclement weather is Negligence on his part

You? You say I’m crazy, then over zealous then anxiety ridden.

Please, let’s keep this up. It’s making my work day more tolerable.

BoopBoop20 t1_j1qjqfj wrote

> you don’t know the setup or how dangerous it was

Yes.. we fucking do you dolt-the “artist” wrote it out for us. YOU EVEN COMMENTED ABOUT HOW “COOL” it was.

Edit: here’s the link in case you forgot

snuffy_tentpeg t1_j1qhbo2 wrote

I commuted the section from KOP to Fort Washington for a bunch of years. I absolutely hated driving in the mist tunnel when it rained. Decreased visibility, dark and IDIOTS made for a jaw clenching ride.

Fluffy_Dziner t1_j1njuzn wrote

Beautiful shot!

What camera settings? How long was the exposure?

To those of you criticizing this, this is not what one actually sees when making a photo like this. The camera runs the lights and motion together like this.

That said, I do hope the OP has the camera mounted somewhere and is controlling it remotely, not handholding it and watching the screen while taking shots like this. The blur is the camera; his likely decreased attention to the road while making the shot is a definite concern. It only takes a few seconds, but that’s obviously all it takes to cause a horrible accident.

dwcerinofinarts OP t1_j1p8caq wrote

Yes it was mounted safely and I had a remote button to Take the photo,a slow shutter speed, criticism doesn’t bother me . I knew exactly what I was doing I had total control

Agent-XX t1_j1mabfw wrote

Stay safe out there and Merry Christmas!

Nulion t1_j1nbpq4 wrote

Wow, that really is a beautiful photo. Looks more like an oil painting than it does a photograph! I'm amazed at how noise-free you managed to make this, too. Excellent work!! 🥰 Merry Christmas to you, too!

topspin9 t1_j1n0wyo wrote

Safe travels! Happy Christmas!

D4rkFluff t1_j1n271o wrote

Beautiful? Maybe if you’re drunk lol.

AlbrechtSchoenheiser t1_j1n7gtk wrote

If that is what you see everyday I highly recommend you stop taking lsd.

Cool photo tho...

Apprehensive_Set_151 t1_j1ofoze wrote

My brother is a trucker and a photographer. For folks saying it’s not safe, truck drivers are the safest drivers on the road. It’s the four wheelers you need to be careful of.

aenteus t1_j1ps67z wrote

Thanks for this. Saved.