Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

wewewawa OP t1_j5zsruj wrote

Bauer, 55, traveled from her home in Kane, Pennsylvania, to hear then-President Donald Trump speak to a crowd of his supporters at the “Stop the Steal” rally on Jan. 6. Bauer was part of the crowd that forced Capitol police officers to retreat up the stairs in front of the East Rotunda doors, prosecutors said.

Phillysean23 t1_j6353pm wrote

Still haven’t seen video of people storming the capitol making police retreat. I’ve seen police politely opening the doors and letting them in

I wonder what this would be called

−14

fucklawyers t1_j63kxez wrote

Yep that definitely makes insurrection okay. Definitely. Shit, why didn’t the defense attorneys think of that?!

delcodick t1_j5zwx8m wrote

Are they tired of winning yet?

69FunnyNumberGuy420 t1_j63u0tb wrote

January 6th was a deliberate coup attempt plotted at the highest levels of the Republican party and the only people going to jail are useful idiots, so in a sense you can say they definitely won. There's no reason for them to not keep trying until they either win or run out of useful idiots.

wewewawa OP t1_j5zsttn wrote

“A lot of people say that they’re proud of me for standing up for my rights,” she told an Associated Press reporter during a break in dinner service at her restaurant, Bob’s Trading Post.

IamSauerKraut t1_j61rm9g wrote

Is Bob's even her's any more? Or did she transfer ownership? We ought to organize a boycott...

wewewawa OP t1_j5zssj5 wrote

A federal judge on Tuesday convicted a Pennsylvania restaurant owner of storming the U.S. Capitol, where she screamed at police officers to bring out then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi so the pro-Trump mob could hang her.

akennelley t1_j5zvcjx wrote

"Warrior Inside"

"Wash out lunatic Outside"

IamSauerKraut t1_j61rqgv wrote

At best, Pauline Bauer is weird. More likely tho, she is mentally ill.

Lopsided_Cup6991 t1_j60pw7x wrote

Yeah it's called breaking and entering. would she like it if someone smashed the windows of her business and went in and made a sandwich?

wewewawa OP t1_j5zt6mn wrote

During an interview after her arrest, Bauer acknowledged that her actions angered some of her neighbors in Kane, a small town on the edge of the 517,000-acre Allegheny National Forest. But she insisted that her participation in the events of Jan. 6 hadn’t cost her any friendships or harmed her business.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_j5zujfz wrote

Would it harm your business if you are in jail for participating in an attempted coup?

Marcy595 t1_j605mne wrote

As someone who lives in the area and has been to her restaurant several times, no. The area is more red than their blood.

Flimsy-Lie-1471 t1_j61qexu wrote

A shame these traitors can’t get the appropriate penalty for treason. We treat this scum too leniently.

Benanov t1_j615148 wrote

Yet another sov cit nutjob - or some weirdass hail mary that never works.

artificialavocado t1_j6020kj wrote

I don’t think I’ve ever been to Kane but I swear I’ve seen that carving before. 🤔

msginbtween t1_j60wzup wrote

It’s a pretty common carving style. There’s a guy in Yocumtown that makes similar ones. She probably bought it somewhere in the state so you’ve likely seen others that were made by the same person.

rivershimmer t1_j64uex4 wrote

Off topic, but I thought I'd check out some online reviews of the restaurant, and one recent one added:

>The ice cream serving lady told me to be careful of the black panthers and guess what I actually saw a black panther and her two cubs crossing the road in the forest while riding my motorcycle. So listen carefully to this lady.

There are so many reasons this didn't happen.

Guntcher1423 t1_j60nwm9 wrote

Wasn't Cain the name of the guy in the Bible that committed the first murder? Somehow seems appropriate that she comes from there.

−4

[deleted] t1_j634zvq wrote

[removed]

−8

Knoblord_McCheese t1_j63tpck wrote

I pissed on Ashlii Babbit's grave not that long ago.

Don't worry, I only pissed on it because I didn't have to take a shit right then.

Phillysean23 t1_j63vd3o wrote

Much stunning. Such brave. That would mean you'd have to leave your parents house. So I doubt that much happened. Fun fact the same cop who shot Ashlii Babbit was the same DC cop who left his gun in a bathroom. Also I thought ACAB, it's weird how the left defends this one.

−6

susinpgh t1_j65guof wrote

Misinformation; removed.

Phillysean23 t1_j65i9ea wrote

Which is misinformation?

susinpgh t1_j65j5xm wrote

Ashli Babbitt was was not murdered.

Phillysean23 t1_j65jhc3 wrote

On January 6, 2021, Ashli Babbitt was fatally shot during an attack on the United States Capitol.[1] She was part of a mob of supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump who breached the United States Capitol building seeking to overturn his defeat in the 2020 presidential election.[2][3][4] Babbitt attempted to climb through a shattered window of a barricaded door, which led to her being shot in the shoulder/neck by a United States Capitol Police (USCP) officer.[5][6][7][8] After a USCP emergency response team administered aid, Babbitt was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where she later died.[9][10] The USCP deemed the shooting was "lawful and within Department policy" and "potentially saved Members (of Congress) and staff from serious injury and possible death".[11][12]

Wikipedia

WASHINGTON – The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice will not pursue criminal charges against the U.S. Capitol Police officer involved in the fatal shooting of 35-year-old Ashli Babbitt, the Office announced today.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia’s Public Corruption and Civil Rights Section and the Civil Rights Division, with the Metropolitan Police Department’s Internal Affairs Division (IAD), conducted a thorough investigation of Ms. Babbitt’s shooting.  Officials examined video footage posted on social media, statements from the officer involved and other officers and witnesses to the events, physical evidence from the scene of the shooting, and the results of an autopsy.  Based on that investigation, officials determined that there is insufficient evidence to support a criminal prosecution.  Officials from IAD informed a representative of Ms. Babbitt’s family today of this determination.

An officer inside the Speaker’s Lobby fired one round from his service pistol, striking Ms. Babbitt in the left shoulder, causing her to fall back from the doorway and onto the floor. A USCP emergency response team, which had begun making its way into the hallway to try and subdue the mob, administered aid to Ms. Babbitt, who was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where she succumbed to her injuries.

Justice.gov

susinpgh t1_j65k349 wrote

This does not constitute a murder. She was warned. The Capitol Police officer repeatedly warned the insurgents to retreat. Ashli Babbitt was shot as as the Capitol Police protected members of Congress.

Phillysean23 t1_j65lthx wrote

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/14/us/politics/fbi-informants-proud-boys-jan-6.html

What wing of MAGA is the FBI. why hasn't Ray Epps been questioned

susinpgh t1_j65mit6 wrote

MAGA move: move the goalposts so we're discussing an entirely different subject. Man, you all use the same playbook, don't you?

Phillysean23 t1_j65lerq wrote

Then the other side of this coin is George Floyd wasn't murdered

susinpgh t1_j65mvsz wrote

Oh FFS. You can't be serious. This isn't even in the same ballpark as what happened to George Floyd.

Floyd was already subdued. He wasn't resisting and he wasn't fleeing. He certainly wasn't threatening to string up Pelosi and Pence.

Apocalypse_Carrot t1_j65o7wd wrote

George Floyd was lawfully restrained by a police officer while high on speed balls

It was a bad choice by the officer to restrain someone overdosed instead of ambulancing him

susinpgh t1_j65l530 wrote

This is me, speaking as an individual. Can you imagine what the response to Jan 6 would have been if the people that acted this way were ANYONE else besides CIS, white males and females?

The Jan 6 protestors should have done what you MAGA people have preached: bow to the commands of the Police. They should have done what the Police told them to do and back off of the Capitol. They were warned, repeatedly.

Look at what happens to POC when they protest and then try to justify this martydom that you enshrine Babbitt with. She was no martyr, she was a hapless pawn.