Submitted by rhodyzoo t3_1212vo9 in RhodeIsland

Looking for suggestions for North Kingstown to Logan for an 8:30 AM flight. Buses and trains do not arrive in time. Any recommendation on car service or uber and recent costs?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

poseyjava t1_jdk9a76 wrote

have you thought of staying in one of the hotels near the airport? You can leave your car and their shuttle.

_DataVenia t1_jdl4zn4 wrote

We do this all the time. It's so convenient for early morning flights. We usually take an uber to the hotel the night before or take the train up, grab dinner somewhere in Boston, and then uber to the hotel.

blueplasticgirl t1_jdkadri wrote

The last couple times I flew out of Logan over the past few months I either took the Amtrak to Boston from Kingston (which has a free lot, I parked here for 2 weeks with no issues) or I parked at Braintree. It's $7 a day and the shuttle was $18 round trip If you did want to do a hotel in Boston, I got a really good rate staying at the Bostonian in the North End when I got back late from a flight from Italy last month. Otherwise you're looking at like $100 or more for an Uber or one of the other private services. You can schedule ahead of time.

TakeTheCanolli t1_jdk85ea wrote

From NK figure about a hundred for Uber.

Bad-Habit-2020 t1_jdkw50w wrote

Can you drive there, park in the short term lot and have someone pickup ur car later?

monkiesandtool t1_jdlxrl2 wrote

Not advised; was working as a chauffeur for about three and a half years. Was picking somebody up at E terminal. A non-livery car entered the lot and the driver went into the terminal. Less than ten min later, the car was ticketed and towed.

SuitableRise865 t1_jdm8ino wrote

Do a one way rental… rent from tf green and drop off at Logan (or other way around)….car service from RI will be well over $200 one way…parking at Logan for week will cost a ton….just did one way rental and i booked very late and it was about $100 one way…using AAA or something else can probably get cheap car rental. Still have to drive but save money.

rhodyzoo OP t1_jdnqr66 wrote

i am only seeing rental rates one way at $175 +. Where di u rent from

ReelEscapeRI t1_jdlbwi1 wrote

I do rides to/from all Airports mostly from So County RI and Newport Logan • JFK • TF Green • Bradley Schedule rides to all airports. Pick up or drop off anytime Reasonable Rates, Local & Dependable

Call or Txt Sean for a quote!401-225-2549

Wilkey88 t1_jdqrivj wrote

How long are you going for? You can park in the economy lot for less than $275 for a week. I do this all the time for work. It is a lot cheaper than taking a car service there and back. The downside is you will have to drive home after your trip. And that can be a drag...

therealDrA t1_jdkawgf wrote

PVD next time

−1

geffe71 t1_jdlylta wrote

Maybe they want a direct flight

therealDrA t1_jdowjqt wrote

You can get almost anywhere in the world with one stop service (through a hub) from PVD. I would rather take a 10 minute Uber to PVD (an easily navigable airport with short lines) than a one hour drive to Logan (plus long lines and overcrowded). Edit: Anyways it was a suggestion for next time so not sure why downvoted.