Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

riguitargod t1_jct3wq7 wrote

Send them the projo article

nat2r OP t1_jctkiso wrote

This happened last year. They said it was out of their hands and blamed their logistics company. I had it shipped to Massachusetts

johnny_cash_money t1_jctbpi9 wrote

Start a petition to change the entire state name to Providence Plantations. It will solve that problem, at least...

overthehillhat t1_jctpzmt wrote

As I've posted recently:

Give them Typical RI Directions - -

"It's where the Providence Plantations used to be"

johnny_cash_money t1_jcu04rd wrote

Instructions unclear, saw "plantations used to be" and shipped south of Mason-Dixon.

hugothebear t1_jcuf2cz wrote

I say we change the entire state name to Aquidneck.

Just to muddy the waters some more

BossCrabMeat t1_jctfonh wrote

Plantation has lots of negatives... How about we call it "The Void" between MA and CT.

−16

Sarcofaygo t1_jcw0jyj wrote

>Plantation has lots of negatives

TheSimpsons-ThatsTheJoke.GIF

BossCrabMeat t1_jctffp4 wrote

I live in MA. Where exactly is this Island you are speaking of? I would like to visit it for a vacation.

/s

RangerRick379 t1_jctmn7v wrote

Jamestown, Newport, Dutch Island…

AbStRaCt1179 t1_jctrj84 wrote

Prudence, Patience, Rabbit, Fox, Block, Goat and Rhode Island aka Aquidneck Island etc.

LEENIEBEENIE93 t1_jcury6p wrote

One time, I was at a music festival in Arkansas, and I was talking to this kid, and he asked where I was from. I told him Rhode Island. He said... how the hell did you get your van here? A ferry? I cracked out my map so quickly to show him where RI is. He was shocked that it was indeed attached to the mainland. Ah man, I laughed so hard. Good times.

ThatGrayZ t1_jcvz5gq wrote

I don’t know how I landed in this sub and this post, but this is hilarious. I’ve seen another post from Anker not shipping to RI because they think it’s an island. Shout out to all the RI peeps from VA, y’all have hilarious issues.

PawtucketPaul t1_jcundl3 wrote

It must be too expensive to ship to RI due to shipping cost and needing enough buyers to justify shipping in the first place.

All of this is making me laugh my ass off though

spatial_needs t1_jcuq1z4 wrote

These posts are making me verklempt. Discuss amongst yourselves.

uniquinP t1_jcsv53j wrote

Just another reason to only buy MADE IN AMERICA.

−19

FailingComic t1_jctb5sw wrote

Eh.... a lot of people in western states think we are an island.

Source: was truck driver. A lot of people wonder how I got home for leave time whether it was by boat or air....

Jilltro t1_jcte9yx wrote

I worked for a company in Rhode Island that sold products all over the United States and at least twice a week I talked to people who didn’t know we aren’t an island or thought we were part of NY.

sumthinserious t1_jctrlut wrote

People in and from areas like the southwest that have never left it always respond, “Oh, New York” when I tell them I’m from RI. Happens so much that now I just reply, “Yeah.”

CharizardX59 t1_jcw7a8b wrote

Once had a guy that KNEW Rhode Island was a state but didn't believe me when I said it was on the ocean nor that it's called the ocean state and told me to look at a map to prove me wrong. Apparently telling them I live in the state wasn't good enough to use as proof that he was wrong.

To this day, I don't know where he thought RI was.

gines2634 t1_jcvzb5m wrote

I helped out at a school in California for a day. The TEACHER thought Rhode Island was part of New York 🤦🏻‍♀️

grizzlor_ t1_jcvhaj7 wrote

Did you post this from a device that was MADE IN AMERICA?

cascaderade t1_jcuk7s5 wrote

Nationalism is gross

−3

uniquinP t1_jcus2mt wrote

By all means, go try Communism 👍

cascaderade t1_jcuwbr4 wrote

No. Thinking your country is the best is gross. We live in a global society and economy. You can't escape that no matter what delusional world you live in.

−1

uniquinP t1_jcvlhze wrote

Go to China with your opinion and see how long you live.