Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PotentialAd1295 t1_ist6rrc wrote

Fun fact: Warwick was just rated the 5th safest city in the USA https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news/west-bay/study-warwick-named-5th-safest-city-in-us/

boulevardofdef t1_istmvp7 wrote

Ha, came here to say this. There are more and less desirable parts of Warwick but there isn't any of it I'd call "unsafe." I believe statistically the least safe part is Oakland Beach, but anecdotally I've heard that's mostly because of high rates of domestic violence and such.

gud_morning_dave t1_isumbht wrote

It's suprising Warwick ranked so high when "road quality" was one of the metrics 😄.

listen_youse t1_istg3k6 wrote

Why does the common obsession with "Safety" ignore traffic violence? The numbers dwarf random criminal violence.

lovegiblet t1_isxkmu2 wrote

Because people who live in lower income areas are easier and more fun to be mad at than cars.

SonOfBaldy t1_istux4v wrote

Look into Lockwood on west short road. You could do okay there with a condo.

gud_morning_dave t1_isum1n4 wrote

When we were house hunting last year, the Meadowbrook area was quiet and had houses in that range. The Patuxet village area had a nice main street feel, but was more expensive. There were some quiet neighborhoods along Narragansett Parkway near the cove too around $300k.

Rhody1964 t1_isvg7yd wrote

Not to sound cliche but have her move to the other side of the tracks. West that is...Greenwood or anywhere around toll gate rd is super safe. Been here most of my life and my neighborhood had never had more than one car break-in and that was 5 years ago.

burner4199 t1_isx2vxe wrote

.... NK is that much safer that it's worth moving your elderly mother away from most of the services, medical and otherwise?

Peach_enby t1_iti3cfs wrote

Okay? You’ll need a realtor, are you asking what areas of Warwick are nice?