Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jdharper t1_it00659 wrote

This is an industry press release for the oil industry. It's purpose seems to be to advocate for further investment in fossil fuels (which is a bad idea, we should invest in renewables and nuclear instead of in fuel sources that are both volatile in price and guaranteed to run out in the not too distant future) and to justify the outrageous prices we are going to be paying RI Energy this winter (this and the war in Ukraine are going to be used as cover for sky high energy company profits, mark my word)

bambooboi t1_it1256e wrote

Or just do nuclear. Its safe and effective. (And yes I am serious)

We ultimately needed to drill in North America. Im sorry, but we have the resources. Yes, global warming is absolutely real. No doubt. Renewable sources are becoming increasingly efficient but not adoptable on mass scale, and the markets (oh yes and OPEC+ along with lobbyists) have not dictated their predominance as of yet.

DoggyP93 t1_it2ua83 wrote

We can develop technology to deal with global warming. Humans tend to fix problems when they become a visible threat

rudedudelivingcrude t1_it0lgcv wrote

What gets me is, how do you know there's going to be outages in December when it's july

Proof-Variation7005 t1_it4mhix wrote

I'd assume the guy who wrote the previous year's press release that they're changing the date on would the one qualified to answer that.

RandomChurn t1_it250it wrote

You're a hero 🤩✨

Odd that an OP with "psychiatrist" in their user name would stoop to posting such scaremongering inaccurate click bait.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_it4mbj6 wrote

What if it's true this year and the africanized killer bees also come and they take advantage of our defenses being down?

DoggyP93 t1_it2u5z1 wrote

They would kick on the coal backups before they let blackouts happen

Moelarrycheeze t1_it06xcz wrote

Should have built more gas pipelines. Then we wouldn’t need LNG

−4