Submitted by blueplasticgirl t3_zp03c5 in RhodeIsland

Hi all, does anyone know of any fun arcades particularly with claw games in Rhode Island or even near the MA and CT border? I've taken my niece and nephew to Ryan's Family Amusement near me in Newport and it's a lot of fun. I've also been to Freeplay in Providence which is a blast but no claw games.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FieryVegetables t1_j0pub4i wrote

I seem to remember these at Dave and Buster's in Providence Place mall.

blueplasticgirl OP t1_j0ry24o wrote

Whoaaa, I hadn't been to D&B in years and I just saw what they have now. The games are so fancy! My nephew has been asking me to take him so I'll be planning an outing soon. :)

SammyB403 t1_j0qde1a wrote

AMF ( now bowlero) in cranston has a pretty cool arcade + quite a few claw games !

Beez-_- t1_j0r2wl1 wrote

Not in RI-- but there is a Round1 in Holyoke, MA. It's a bit of a drive but there is an absolute ton of claw games with all kinds of prizes.

blueplasticgirl OP t1_j0rwtqp wrote

I have been here and it IS awesome. It's a little bit of a hike but would go again.

Swamp_yankee_ninja t1_j0qkl7a wrote

Thankfully I don’t know, I have a unhealthy addiction to claw games. Logical risk part of my brain tells me the prize is worth .50 cents but the illogical, irrational part of my brain says put another dollar in and keep trying, it’s almost there!

blueplasticgirl OP t1_j0rxky0 wrote

It's a real problem. Lol They're basically slot machines and they have payouts. Some are skill based though. I learned this wiggling the claw trick recently to swing the prize into the hole. I will say I won some squishmallows at Walmart after a few tries that are going for $30-40 a pop on Ebay.

Swamp_yankee_ninja t1_j0rzpe0 wrote

Correct, the electro magnet that actuates the claw can be set to different strengths, essentially a random payout algorithm. How many times have we seen the claw perfectly grapple a item only for it to fall right off. We see this happen, know why it happened yet, we put in another dollar? I can walk past a slot machine, but those dam claw machines draw me in like a magnet.

deadl0ckx2 t1_j0rwni8 wrote

Dave and Busters. All your regular claw machines, and also an oversized one with big prizes.

WilliamWarren81 t1_j0s6ao7 wrote

Fun City in Seekonk. Dave’s Bar and Grill in Warwick has one.

climb-high t1_j0s6tkx wrote

Today I saw one at the exit of Shaw’s Wakefield. Good luck with the claw.

blueplasticgirl OP t1_j0s764m wrote

Nice! The Shaw's claw game in Middletown is great. I showed a family how to win a few last time I was there! :)

climb-high t1_j0s84b3 wrote

Please make an instructional video of how to win!

Thymeofyourlift t1_j0sh3qu wrote

North Bowl just over the border in North Attleboro, MA has few (and a decent arcade for the size).

BlueEyedRage t1_j0skzio wrote

Not an arcade, but thy had two claw machines at wickford lanes

annabellagrant t1_j0slayt wrote

As a crane game enthusiast and native Rhode Islander I have yet to find a place with lots of machines. I agree with the commenter who suggested Round1. It’s too bad the one in Taunton closed down because it was closer.

SwizzleMeThis t1_j0t8jle wrote

Foxwoods arcade ( Tree House ) had several of them.

calcade t1_j0u3i2v wrote

I don’t remember if it has claw games but the arcade at Spring Lake in Burrillville is open in the summer and will make a great outing with your nephew if he’s a youngster.