Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Fraugg t1_j9vqgm9 wrote

It makes sense. Drinking coffee will keep you up and more energetic. Beer will make you sleepier and more relaxed.

GamesGreenCoffee t1_j9w1665 wrote

Can confirm, don't tell people you have a coffee before bed as it actually helps you sleep. They will look at you like you have two heads, and shake thier own in disgust...

Zara_Hates_Crackers t1_j9wvjtv wrote

Tbh. Coffee and energy drinks have 0 effect on me. I’ll drink coffee before going to sleep cuz I want something sweet and savoury and it does not keep me up at all

chicknsnotavegetabl t1_j9xnqyb wrote

What does the science say?

GamesGreenCoffee t1_ja0anda wrote

After a quick bit of researching... Looks like I will be getting F's in the chat if I continue! Not the healthiest option out there but that's caffeine addiction for ya!

chicknsnotavegetabl t1_ja0ddz9 wrote

Haha yeah I used to be able to go for dinner, finish with a double espresso, go home and sleep. 20 years old and half a bottle of wine lol Now I'm old and a dad I have had to come to terms with the art of proper sleep.

crippledassasyn t1_j9vqjs0 wrote

I have 2 days off. So what if I want the drinking to start Saturday morning... and have coffee at 11pm to keep the party going, not to mention the taste of coffee at 11pm... unnatural.

KaleidoscopeOne407 t1_j9xgy4z wrote

Acceptable time to drink beer starts about 8 o'clock in the morning if you work remotely.

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_j9vp9c8 wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.

Agreeable-Peace6482 t1_j9vqnja wrote

Blood Mary is a morning to mid day drink. Feels weird to have it past 5pm. But I do love a good bloody.

Johnson7340 t1_j9vwlqq wrote

I work during the nights so I have a beer at 7am and an energy drink at 3-4p when I get up. I don't care for coffee

transham t1_j9wkirc wrote

Hmmmm.... Coffee drinks are common at my board game group that normally meets Friday nights...

Eldowon t1_j9wu7v7 wrote

Eh, not where I go.

At a pool hall, you see people drinking both from sun up to sun down. Typically the more serious the player, the more likely they are to drink coffee. 11 am, 2am,doeant matter.

Shyriath t1_j9xc6n0 wrote

Put coffee in your beer. Look them in the eye while drinking it. Establish dominance.

TheCyrcus t1_j9y5pbt wrote

I get mildly insecure about drinking at 9am. I work nights so that’s my equivalent of 6pm, but I’m sure other people think they’re just seeing a person with a serious problem, lmao.

Tradman86 t1_ja00y8q wrote

There's a time in each day where its a different time of day somewhere else.