Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Regular_Dick t1_jczcmcv wrote

Not for the truly intelligent. I mean maybe. I mean if you really think about it. Don’t you think? Well? I think maybe it is. I think. 🤔

wmorris33026 t1_jczs6pb wrote

Mostly I think some bad stuff is actually nothing to worry about, or it’s gonna be 10 times worse and happen sooner than is estimated. I’m about 50/50 on both counts…but yes, when you’re able see the big picture, especially when you get a little older and have seen some shit, what’s going on today (and what could actually result) is some dark, scary shit…

cryinginmybed250 OP t1_jczmnqn wrote

It’s because they’re overthinkers, so when there’s a problem, they may have a solution before someone else because they have considered as an hypothetical situation

SafetyChicken7 t1_jczr723 wrote

I think you’re mistaking being driven to perfectionism and doing things in a meticulous manner by anxiety with overthinking because of anxiety. If you’re burdened by perfectionism you usually find a solution in a well organized way.

Because when you truly overthinking something you don’t get a solution and just end up confusing yourself with self contradictions worrying about the outcome, you don’t really get a solution when you overthinking things.

This is coming from personal experience.

EthanRJKoch t1_jd00jtx wrote

Agreed. The amount of time spent, or what should be thought of, is subjective. Asking, "why think of that?" seems illogical when you can ask, "why not think about it?"

Public-Feedback5599 t1_jd6uqc4 wrote

What is true intelligence? Are you creating a solution for people or are you just producing work and letting someone ( your boss ) use it as theirs?

This is the line, where you have to think about.

Anxiety, I already solved it. The past week, it was pretty much trial and error + running out of medications in the market due to allergic reactions.

How did I solve it? All you need to increase your serotonin receptors. It could be minerals, electrolytes and you have to find out yourself. Since people are different like myself due to genetic defective.

Since I solved Anxiety? Is it true intelligence? Idk. If I haven't created something that's revolutionary that helps people with their daily lives then I wouldn't consider it. I'll just consider myself as another average joe that's trying to make it.

All I'm trying to say.

Even if you have poor intelligence but have a tremendous execution = You could revolutionize a specific area and people will call you smart/genius regardless. Since they don't have the same executions/determination/persistent skills as you.

I would say that executions all comes down to getting rid of anxiety and being confident outside of your expertise ( even if u don't know. Just ask questions ) + being assertive, not being afraid of taking the initial steps per se/lose money?

Last week after getting rid of my anxiety while intermitting fasting and experimenting with electrolytes. That was the first time ever in a while that I made that much bank in a week.

Well what changed? I wasn't emotional and there was no anxiety infiltrating my decisions. No more hesitation. Just think, process, and execute. :)

RiC_David t1_jd7g51w wrote

Man I hate when I finally reach a thought provoking submission but it needs the OP's elaboration to really be worth much.

Even if I can think of what someone might mean by that, I want to know what exactly you had in mind.

(Edit) Nevermind, found your response in the thread

cryinginmybed250 OP t1_jd7rteo wrote

Yes, if you’re constantly thinking far beyond, some people may think you’re more intelligent. But you do it just because your brain can’t rest. What do you think?

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_jcz2lff wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.

theGaido t1_jd271bi wrote

If you have some knowledge about psychology it's really not that confusing. Inteligence is about cognitive abilities: for example how well your memory works. Anxiety is about emotions. These are two independant concepts. Still, anxiety could have influence on your cognitive abilities (at some level positive ones too!), but you can't mistake one with another.

TheForce777 t1_jd35zja wrote

That’s like kindergarten psychology though.

In reality, memory has more to do with the intellect than intelligence.

And before any thought can take place in the mind, a subtle emotion must come along with it.

Most people are only aware of their large and obvious emotions, and have no consciousness of the subtle emotions that come along with every thought and physical sensation. Because 99% of emotions are a continuous subconscious stream.

Becoming aware of the subtleties of motion in the mental and feeling space, while not being moved or overwhelmed by them is a much greater barometer of overall intelligence than memory is.

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_jd5s8b9 wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.