Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BobertoLinguini t1_j6nj7i7 wrote

What? No, they'd be in a relationship with you if that was the case. Go lift.

MysticMoteToter t1_j6owtk7 wrote

Right I read this and thought I was having a stroke. Maybe if you think they're the one who got away but hey. There's a reason

Perfect_Variation_ t1_j6ngzkr wrote

Wow, that's a bit of a stretch - but we appreciate the sentiment! We're sure that whoever you're talking about has their own reasons for their actions, and we hope it all works out for the best.

AriKay01 t1_j6o6lhw wrote

I’m thinking they did not respect the relationship so the person had to walk away. Had a friend that kept saying I should date them, instead of my spouse, so I had to walk away. They were fun, and a good friend, but they couldn’t accept that I wasn’t interested in dating them and it made the friendship very uncomfortable.

CokeMooch t1_j6osd98 wrote

Holy shit. Slice me off a piece of your ego, I could use the confidence fr.

Fepl31 t1_j6ntpa5 wrote

Erh... Not always... But sometimes, for sure.

Many cases are of people who are in a relationship where their partner doesn't give them enough freedom to talk to other people. Either by explicitly saying so, or by manipulating their feelings in a way that they feel bad if they talk to others.

Garthar22 t1_j6p0qfw wrote

I stop talking to people when I’m in a relationship because I have less time for other people and I don’t need as much social contact as when I’m single.

Flowofinfo t1_j6p1hzp wrote

What kind of made up silliness is this? I don’t even know what it’s supposed to mean

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_j6ngqui wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.

American_PP t1_j6orb6c wrote

Maybe. I was getting hit on a lot by this woman in Thailand I have no interest in. She followed my facebook and would comment all the time. One day, I saw she went to Germany and was dating some old German man and I simply "liked" the post......very very quickly she blocked me on social media.

Not like I care, but it made me laugh a bit. Well, maybe it had nothing to do about liking me, probably she was just mining for gold.

TigerlilyBlanche t1_j6p0zr6 wrote

I stopped talking to a lot of people when I got with my bf. They were all assholes who I hated.

tximinoman t1_j6phfod wrote

Or because you're a creep who can't understand what "no" means.

Foxesnflowers t1_j6nw1o9 wrote

I honestly just forget interacting with other people when I'm in a relationship.. I don't need much to fulfil my social needs.. And it's nice when my friends forgive me when I'm single again...

Personal-Tip-8876 t1_j6p7rit wrote

how many times should they forgive you though?

Foxesnflowers t1_j6pekaw wrote

So far, 3 times... And it's not even because I'm seeing my partner 24/7. I just don't have the need to repeat the same thing over and over to a lot of people..