Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Healthy-Review-7484 t1_j7dylbx wrote

So happy for all of them. Hope they find the other child and that they are healthy.

VulcanXIV t1_j7f0je0 wrote

I didn't read the article, but adopted children struggle all the time with the thought on whether they should meet their bio parents. Had a friend tell me his own struggle with this.

mtpgod t1_j7iascz wrote

This makes the Lion timeline look like child's play.

[deleted] t1_j7mifrq wrote

As an adoptee, there is a curiosity... Met my bio mom once but not my bio dad yet. I think my adoptive mom feels insecure but I have a natural curiosity. What's wrong with wanting to know where I come from and what my bio parents went through? I don't expect to be best friends but periodic contact would be nice even if sparse... (it has fallen off recently, perhaps this is something I just have to accept.) The world seems to be just chaos, and I'm trying to make sense of it.

AutoModerator t1_j7de67q wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Evignity t1_j7f5amz wrote

I will never for the life of me get why people care so much about "birth" relations.

Given, I know the saying "Blood is thicker than water" is actually a bastardisation of the original "Blood of the covenant is thicker than water of the womb" as in the friends and family you choose are above those who you are given by fate.

But I know tons of blood relatives, and they're assholes. Hell my father is a huge asshole, people sometimes ask if I didn't miss having a father and I can only answer no because he wasn't one. My oldest brother acted as a fatherfigure and he did his best and a great job at that.

My point being, people fixate way too much on the title. It is men who honour titles not titles who honour men. Who your "mother" or "father" or "brothers/sisters" are are not defined by blood, it is those around you who act like it. Those around you who you know are your true family, whoever or whatever they may be be it a pet or a friend.

−8

bweakfasteater t1_j7geewp wrote

It sounds like you don’t know what it’s like to not know your bio family.

Viet_Conga_Line t1_j7gtw86 wrote

Having parents is probably one of the most universal, preeminent human experiences. It’s so common that it overlooked. For those of us who don’t know our parents / don’t know our nationality, it’s very important to our ego and identity and to ourselves that we make sense of our place in this world.

It can hardly be explained to someone who has parents or who has their family intact. I could type all afternoon about it but it doesn’t matter because most people cannot place themselves in the shoes of an adoption triad. They can’t imagine their lives without their family and their identity so it’s pointless to try to explain.

Your backlash against adopted kids knowing birth relations is misguided and sad though. People are naturally curious about their origins, both in terms of people and places - it’s a common trait of modern man to wonder how the fuck we arrived here.

You said it yourself, “you’ll never get it”, exactly - you won’t EVER get it because it’s a problem you don’t have to deal with it. I’ll never get what it’s like to be a dog but I sure as hell aren’t outside calling them pricks when they bark.

Abradantleopard04 t1_j7gu83y wrote

Maybe it's none of your business and you should just move on and let other people decide for themselves what they need for them instead of passing judgment. Maybe he had crappy adoptive parents. Don't know, don't care; it's not my business.

He's happy and that's all that matters. Lord knows there's enough unhappiness in the world. Keep scrolling if this bothers you that much..gg.