Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JayWalterWeathermann t1_jdqdqqe wrote

“Rental prices that are legally not allowed”

cries in American

scudobuio OP t1_jdofem7 wrote

A bit of a misappropriation of the term “Robin Hood”, but neat nonetheless.

VLenin2291 t1_jdor7mv wrote

How so?

scudobuio OP t1_jdoxe9l wrote

Well, he's not literally robbing the rich to pay the poor. But notifying people that they're getting screwed is still Robin Hood-esque.

Dorocche t1_jdqspuc wrote

Robin Hood breaks the law, this guy enforces it. Just so happens that enforcing it also helps the poor in this case.

TopCheesecakeGirl t1_jdpc5ym wrote

It’s nice to hear that the country regulates the amounts charged.

Angelusz t1_jdpu09z wrote

Yeah, although it's up to the tenants to make sure it's enforced, this is definitely a great example of when government influence is a positive thing. It's not very capitalist of us, but definitely better for everyone in the long run.

I for one am always glad to have so much be governed and regulated by our government and the EU. Even though it does put limits on some liberties, in general I can easily see how it's influenced my life way more positively than negatively. Protection from bad actors such as these landlords is a great example of it.

Coming from that, it was baffling to learn how anti-government some western countries such as the USA are. Some think that is liberty, but it's the opposite; the average citizen has so much more potential over here because there's always a safety net, exceptions notwithstanding.

AutoModerator t1_jdofazx wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.