Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Batmanlover1 t1_irjwfsl wrote

Here's what I believe..

Just as Marlon Brando was a great actor with issues, I think Russell crowe's a great actor with issues.

That being said, giving to the local economy in a world where you can pretty much have everything you want tailor made for you is a gesture of genuine decency.

szafix t1_irk3vhr wrote

For the record, I don’t think he lives in Norwich. Source: I lived in Norwich and I have never heard of him having any connection to the city.

momentimori t1_irlizzv wrote

He lives primarily in Sydney where he just sold the South Sydney Rabbitohs rugby league club and his son goes to top private school Scots College.

SeranasSweetrolls t1_irjt2ke wrote

My Uncle laid the floors in Russell Crowe's house near the town I live in. I won't say where, just in case it's information that isn't out there. But It's in a beautiful Australian Coastal area, in an place where small houses go for millions based on location alone. I wasn't told much, but I did hear how he has a mansion with a football field and a few other things I cannot now recall about his awesome house.

You do often hear around town about what nice, generous and down to earth people he and his family are, and I'm pretty sure his family are locals from the area. It's nice to know that there are good rich people out there.

NotThatMichaelScott t1_irl89cu wrote

If I was rich I’d be doing this all the time. If there was a beloved small town business that was going under I’d buy half the stock

galgor_ t1_irmtwb2 wrote

Exactly! If I was rich I'd love to share the wealth, do good for the ones who need and deserve it.

000Spectator t1_irl7242 wrote

Magic happens at libraries and bookstores!

Meagz4 t1_irksq43 wrote

I love that guy. What an actor.

enjoysbeerandplants t1_irmiyhu wrote

I was recently in Lebanon, and ate at a restaurant called Le Chef in Beirut because it had been a favourite of Anthony Bourdain. When we were there, we found out it had been heavily damaged in the Beirut blast (August 2020), and that Russell Crowe had donated $5000 on behalf of Anthony Bourdain to help restore the restaurant. The restaurant had a poster up thanking him since the money was a large portion of what they had needed (Lebanon's currency has tanked, so $5000 USD is quite a lot there).

AutoModerator t1_irjpdp9 wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

mlynwinslow t1_irr0k0m wrote

Thank you Mr Crowe. You’re still my Favorite actor!

Cncfan84 t1_irjrcso wrote

And yet, he's still a twat.

−12

Diagonalizer t1_irjxygd wrote

What makes him a twat? (I don't really keep up with what actors do outside of acting)

Cncfan84 t1_irk0rfo wrote

He come across like one in interviews. I don't like him, seems like a twat. Just my opinion.

−14