Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

gooberfaced t1_is5alwt wrote

The two are not mutually exclusive- I know many conformation dogs that have side jobs as therapy animals.
I even own one.

Barflyerdammit t1_is5kdru wrote

Not uncommon at all, happily. Guide Dogs for the Blind get a lot of their dogs from show breeders. Usually you can't even see what slight imperfection in the dog stopped their potential show career.

I hate puppy breeding in general, but at least some good comes out of it.

Ok_Skill_1195 t1_is5p4p4 wrote

I mean....it would be entirely possible to be able to get pure bred dogs without having to have this insane focus on breeding them for exaggerated aesthetic traits.

It's not just that they breed puppies, it's that the majority are doing so in ways that prioritizes potential prizes above species genetic health.

ttaptt t1_isfg5wa wrote

The homeowners of a new construction home I was cleaning yesterday had their yellow lab Ranger with them, and even just one minute of petting made my whole day better. She's like "You'll have dog hair all over you!" and I said, "good." Thanks Ranger!

AutoModerator t1_is59uma wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

LaserBatBunnyUnder t1_is7gtzc wrote

:((( poor baby has too big of a heart to stay focused. Me too king uwu