Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GrapefruitEquivalent t1_ixcjdqt wrote

God this type of news feels so rare and precious, working in the environment and conservation sector is 99% bad news

Frisky_Picker t1_ixcqr3w wrote

I have a coworker who's from Nepal and from what he's told me they're very big on conservation efforts there. I guess they hunted the native tiger population to near extinction a few decades ago and ever since then they take this stuff very seriously. In his words "now the wildlife has equal or even more rights than the people".

GrapefruitEquivalent t1_ixd660o wrote

Yeah that's very common with conservation. Many large organisations like WWF will put animals above people, sometimes in quite ruthless ways due to pressure from donors. It's why I believe in community based conservation as the only realistic way forward. Locals need to be involved and benefiting from these efforts if we want them to last..

AutoModerator t1_ixcglgy wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

promptmonkeyai t1_ixf766d wrote

Thank you, Nepal & OP for sharing 💓 fresh air in my Reddit today 💓