Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Adorable-Ad-3223 t1_ixk9fz0 wrote

In other news Alabama has tried and failed to execute three people this year.

Soup_and_death_grips t1_ixlmijb wrote

I'm from the UK and this shit is so weird. You name the birds and then 'pardon' them for slaughter and thats...uplifting? What???

Odd-Influence4313 t1_ixloldh wrote

American here. I don't understand it either. States like Alabama are...interesting...

Soup_and_death_grips t1_ixlpqlp wrote

Like, I'm a meat eater right? But, it's just so depressing and fucked up to go "yeah you see these cute oblivious animals with names? We're going to kill and eat them."

Odd-Influence4313 t1_ixlv1gi wrote

Agreed. I'm a meat eater too but food is about survival. Them making a game out of it seems in poor taste.

dillonEh t1_ixqftru wrote

My dumb ass thought that the pardoned turkeys were the ones spared from slaughter. Still not uplifting by any means.

itsallgonetohell t1_ixknr0n wrote

In other news, Alabama Governor Kay Ivey is a recalcitrant piece of human shit...

alexr_tk t1_ixkbdcr wrote

Is it more uplifting to view executions through the lens of eating farm animals, or more uplifting to view farm animals getting eaten through the lens of the death penalty for human beings?

welldiesoon t1_ixmr85u wrote

I read this as...

>Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey ‘pardons’ ‘Goebbles

AutoModerator t1_ixk5m5v wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.