Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Evignity t1_izixm75 wrote

Yes and as a Swede I can't begin to tell you what a paradise Saudi and Qatar is for women compared to Sweden. I mean Sweden has women reporting rapes, sexual assault etc. but there's NO rapes or sexual assaults reported in Qatar, Saudi etc! My, this must be because of the alcohol and gayban! See what utopia these countries are! /s

This is why kids need to learn why statistics can be used maliciously and falsely, how truth spoken might not be spoken truthfully, how causality and causation are not the same thing.

Fuck off qatar, you rape every female guest-worker you can just as Saudi did.

OsuranMaymun t1_j00y3zi wrote

Do you have any source for what you are saying? Don't pull up some statistics to me! You know how statistics are lies!

A218 t1_izjc8pa wrote

Qatar big bucks paying for these puff pieces huh

PlasticTreeTalker t1_izgtm0r wrote

Crazy not even one positive comment.

CosmicCactusRadio t1_izj08iw wrote

I'm unsure of what a positive comment would be for this story.

"Yay! Women who thought they might be beaten, raped, or both in this hyper-religious county with a predisposition to not liking women's rights turned out to have an OK time at a globally publicized event and in their relatively well-off accommodations." (I say this because both women interviewed came from countries other than Turkey. Poor people tend to not have the resources to book a vacation in another country for an extended stay.)

Hnordlinger t1_izihv4v wrote

We can all see why this is crazy, right? It’s fucking Qatar

nzdennis t1_izkyola wrote

Wait till they tell her to cover-up, and sit in the womens section of the stadium. 🀣

nzdennis t1_izkz4ar wrote

She would feel much safer if she didn't go to the QWC.

alissa914 t1_izmej5b wrote

Women drink alcohol too.

AutoModerator t1_izgl9bw wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

PlasticTreeTalker t1_izjrlch wrote

All you haters. As soon as you see Qatar you start hating πŸ˜‚

But the message here is different. Forget the country. The absence of Alcohol during sports events, reduces aggressive behavior towards women.

−6

Scary-Camera-9311 t1_izgugtw wrote

Females don't have anything that would get the attention of male soccer fans.

−23