Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TimeAgentConsultant t1_j2c4uu4 wrote

1. Peak agricultural land

2. Deployed a malaria vaccine for the first time

3. The James Webb telescope brought the universe into focus

4. Wild mammals rebounded in Europe

5. Farmers in the Philippines harvested the first large-scale genetically engineered “golden” rice crop

6. Guinea worm disease reached near-eradication levels

7. India developed its first cervical cancer vaccine

8. Lab-grown meat got the green light from the U.S. FDA

9. The SARS-COV-2 vaccine saved millions of lives

10. CRISPR for cancer had a major breakthrough

Incromulent t1_j2dio9o wrote

You know what ALL 10 of these have in common? They are all thanks to science!

goofgoon t1_j2dmz8e wrote

THAT’S YOUR OPINION! My science my choice! /s

TheForsakenGuardian t1_j2ed93h wrote

You should probably understand the “science”and not take someone’s word for it. To think that scientists are incorruptible beings would be foolish at best. It’s a good way to get taken advantage of.

−12

Casteway t1_j2eg1cp wrote

No one said they were incorruptible.

domine18 t1_j2feyxs wrote

While the military in the USA does invest in science it also invests in bombs…. Wish more funding went to science. Like wish we as a species just collectively said,” yep our forefathers were shitheads, let’s drop our grudges and let people exist as they want.” But that’s asking too much of humanity.

Ok_Boat_7823 t1_j2b5kew wrote

Tl;dr: Food scarcity is only getting better and better thanks to smart farming and genetic crop science, medicine has taken massive leaps thanks to breakthroughs in vaccines and genetic science, lab grown meat is closer than ever, and James-Webb telescope is teaching us a bunch about the universe

kenlasalle t1_j2al003 wrote

Wait.

It's a story in /UpliftingNews that is actually uplifting!

WHAT???

gif

dreadpiratew t1_j2bmy45 wrote

Farming, malaria vaccine, telescope, wildlife, farming, worm vaccine, lab meat, cancer treatments. You’re welcome gif

barthvaader t1_j2bohq8 wrote

Andrew taint got arrested

BallDesperate2140 t1_j2dcszc wrote

Yeah, we’ve still got a lil’ bit of time and I’m waiting on the Romanian courts to be like “yeah he’s definitely guilty, 25 years for this asshat”

bookcreative t1_j2akx0u wrote

CRISPR is an amazing technology, I hope the new advances roll out like an avalanche of life saving medicines!

itsfuckingpizzatime t1_j2dy5l2 wrote

1. Science
  2. Science
  3. Science
  4. Conservation Science
  5. Science
  6. Science
  7. Science
  8. Science
  9. Science
  10. Science

Fuck yeah science!

Mathias1701 t1_j2e9ftf wrote

I would argue conservation is a type of science too. It does require at least some basic understanding of ecology. Also, in our complex world of human activities we have to study how what we do can affect conservation goals and outcomes.

ShadowDurza t1_j2dwnri wrote

No matter what anyone says, the present is better than the past.

Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.

AutoModerator t1_j2ajdks wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.