Submitted by hotstickywaffle t3_11izwzs in Washington

I realize this is kind of silly, but my wife and I are going to Taste Washington - Pacific Standard on Thursday, March 9. We're flying there from the east coast, and trying to figure out what to bring clothes wise. It's at a wedding venue, but dressing like we're going to a wedding feels like it could be a bit much. Would a maxi dress and khakis and a button-up be ok, or would jeans even be fine?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CaliKahlua t1_jb16xpc wrote

People won’t be dressing up for an event like that. You’ll be fine in jeans and a sweatshirt or jeans and a button down. The PNW doesn’t dress up for much. Canlis (nice restaurant) is probably the only place you’ll find with a real dress code that is adhered to

PurpleDiCaprio t1_jb0tyrn wrote

I looked up the event. You could always call them too.

But I think maxi dress for your wife is a good call.

For you, khakis with a button up or jeans with a jacket.

It doesn’t feel like a formal event but also doesn’t feel super casual.

OdoDragonfly t1_jb1v9sr wrote

Your suggested outfits will be fine. It may be cold, though. Having leggings available to wear with the dress and a jacket/wrap/shawl - all depending on the weight of the fabric the dress is made from - may be useful. With khakis and a button-up, have a fleece or blazer available if the temperature warrants.

toejamking25 t1_jb0tip3 wrote

Are you saying the wedding is being held at Taste Washington?

If not, dress for the wedding and dress separately for Taste Washington. You could literally go in flip flops and shorts if you wanted.

Mission-Ad2027 t1_jb1lu52 wrote

Dress however you would like. I will be there in Shorts and a hoodie

Piddy3825 t1_jb1980x wrote

casual dress will be just fine considering it'll probably be raining when you get here and the temperature will probably be in the mid to upper 40's F. You can't go wrong with khakis and a button down shirt although I suspect that quite a few folks will be rockin it in jeans and tee shirts! Come dressed for fun and prepare your palate for some delicious foods and even better wines! you're gonna have so much fun, you're not gonna wanna have to go back home!

Reydog23-ESO t1_jb1nmhf wrote

Northface coat like everyone else!

renownbrewer t1_jb38ahs wrote

A Seattle Tuxedo is your nice jeans and a goretex jacket.

The people describing the informality of dress here are totally correct. Don't treat this like some opening night gala or you're going to stand out.

Cwell242 t1_jb3rx2c wrote

West coast.....relax. Really, you will be fine no matter what you wear.