Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Piddy3825 t1_iqx028m wrote

I love the colors in our state during the early fall! Those red and orange hues really look vibrant against the sea of green from the pine trees. Just look at how calm and serene the lakes appears from this vista. Nice pic! Thanks for sharing!

Nutmegan-0 OP t1_iqxcq6e wrote

I actually did this hike around the same time last year and I caught the first snow!! It was all of the reds/oranges while being dusted with white. It was nice to see it in all of its fiery glory this year (:

lurkerfromstoneage t1_iqxl18d wrote

Fall colors are beautiful. But smoke haze makes me sad. And feel like garbage :(

Old-AF t1_iqy1eax wrote

We just spent a week in Eastern WA and the smoke in Cashmere was horrendous; much worse on the way back than on the way over. I had to put a mask on in my car to breathe. Felt horrible for the people who live there.

psychsuze t1_iqy1200 wrote

Love the contrast between reds, greens and those beautiful blues!!

Old-AF t1_iqy19dz wrote

That’s stunning! Well done.

Qrioso t1_iqygz25 wrote

Beautiful

kidsgohome t1_iqxg7w9 wrote

Such a great hike. Great pic!

ViewSweet t1_iqxgddo wrote

Gorgeous!! I love that place, it’s magical

SirDouglasMouf t1_iqxqfme wrote

How are the mosquitoes?

If they aren't bad, I'd love to go next weekend!

Nutmegan-0 OP t1_iqxrfl6 wrote

I did Paradise beginning of August and they were god awful. Didn’t see a single mosquito yesterday and got away with no bug spray and no bites! Just a few wasps here and there.

SirDouglasMouf t1_iqxtgal wrote

Wow! That's awesome. I'll definitely try to get there this weekend. Thanks for the quick response!

Magg5788 t1_iqziasy wrote

Man. I’m from Washington but haven’t lived there in almost 10 years. I’ve seen some fricking gorgeous places all over the world, but PNW will always take the cake (even eastern WA, to be honest). I regret not taking advantage of the hiking and nature opportunities I had when I lived there.

Nutmegan-0 OP t1_ir0n0x2 wrote

I’ve lived here my whole life and have just gotten into the nature side of things over the past few years. I’m planning to move away here soon and am unsure if I’ll ever have these opportunities again so I’m making the most of the time I have left!

OtterLimits t1_ir0l6ej wrote

We camped at Dewey Lake last week. The elk bugling was off the chart. It started at dusk and they'd go at it all night. Get a room Elk! Huckleberries by the gallon.

Self-aware-witch t1_iqz7ps7 wrote

Do you think it’ll still look like this next week? :)

Nutmegan-0 OP t1_iqz980b wrote

Couldn’t say! Could be covered in snow next week for all we know! Worth a trip up before the roads get too icy though (:

Self-aware-witch t1_iqza2jl wrote

My bf and I don’t live in the PNW but we’re going on a camping trip next week for 2.5 weeks so just wondering what it’ll be like. I know the weather can be unpredictable but it never hurts to ask 🤪 we can’t wait either way!

2Daysrug t1_it92kpe wrote

I can’t wait to go this weekend