Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MCReader69 t1_iqy2c42 wrote

Where’s that rain?

lurker-1969 t1_iqy6rpx wrote

At least 10 days out, probably more.

-Velvet-Bat- t1_iqyln7y wrote

I'm vacationing there from south Texas in two weeks. I've bought lots of rain gear in anticipation of a lovely wet, cool, green respite from the usual Satan's ass crack that I live in. I'm going to get this instead.

lurker-1969 t1_iqz4ajy wrote

I was in Fort Collins Colorado 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly green. My dad's side are all from Texas. In 1968 I spent 2 weeks visiting all the relatives and getting pinched and kissed. Driving around Texas in the dust and vacant land with defunct oil wells everywhere.

-Velvet-Bat- t1_ir06zp1 wrote

I loathe living in Texas. I'm trying to get out of here. I've been thinking heavily about moving to Washington but with everyone saying how hot and dry it is now, I might as well stay here.

lurker-1969 t1_ir1a45c wrote

The state is divided by the Cascade range. The west side is wetter than the east side. The Olympic Península is lush and green. I have lived here 67 years and yes we are in a cycle of drier, warmer weather but compared to Texas it might be very pleasant. The Puget Sound basin is heavy on crime, drugs and gang violence with horrible traffic and very high housing/rental prices. Progressive left wing policies. It is a Democratic one party state. The east side and rural areas are more right leaning.

-Velvet-Bat- t1_ir1w2pm wrote

Thank you for this information. I'm in the industrial marine industry so I would need to be near a port. I have been looking at the west side but have become discouraged. I just desperately want out of this heat and nonstop blazing sun.

justpickituplease t1_iqxtbz9 wrote

Wenatchee has been socked in for the last couple days

Next_Ad_8693 t1_iqxywbc wrote

This is a bummer, but it's very cool

luckystrike_bh t1_iqyck04 wrote

This is keeping me out of the Enchantments.

psychsuze t1_ir11woy wrote

So sad and scary all those fires in the west😢