Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

No-Point-5296 t1_ivqncam wrote

I'm particularly fond of the rugged isolation this part of the state offers. So glad the Colville Tribe is taking these steps to restore the natural habitat.

acre18 t1_ivs0lb5 wrote

Know any good hikes around there ? Haven’t checked that area out before.

No-Point-5296 t1_ivs19pu wrote

I hike and camp national forest land ... find a road in, get out and start walking. Monumental Mountain is a great starting point. Need your pass and carry water in.

acre18 t1_ivs1z5d wrote

Been trying to build out my truck to overnight on trips just like that. Having a harder time finding the areas that allow/are designated for that kind of hiking

krackenmyacken t1_ivu0651 wrote

Pretty much all national forest/blm land allow that kind of hiking and dispersed camping.

leroyVance t1_ivtmx3k wrote

Hoodoo Canyon is a low elevation year round hike up that way. It is a good idea to go twice. Once in the early summer and once in late fall/early winter.

Kettle Crest trail runs north/south along the crest. So great views.

PipeLayer2016 t1_ivrn59o wrote

The colville tribe is awesome. They have all sorts of environmental remediation projects going on. Proud to have interact with them on one of my projects. Pend Oreille Country is also one of the prettiest, and least populated parts of the state

green_tree t1_ivrp6lp wrote

Pend Oreille County is awesome but note that the Kettle Range, where the Lynx were released, is in Ferry County. Ferry County is one definitely one of my favorites.

lurker-1969 t1_ivsdsl9 wrote

My buddy has property in that area. He says that he has seen actual Lynx not Bobcat while hunting over the last 30 years. There is a well documented story about a WDFW enployee who put Lynx hair on sticky traps that collect hair. He was falsely trying to establish that Lynx lived in the study area. Caught red handed. I hope these Lynx do well. They are really cool animals.