Submitted by sulfuricZoologist t3_z6eb4e in WorcesterMA

Hey all, I'm wondering if there are any spaces/hangouts in the Worcester area that are oriented toward trans people? My partner (25) and I (24) are both trans and would love to indulge in/develop a community for other trans folk. We're looking for casual stuff, places to make friends and not necessarily support groups. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

flyingsquirrelsftw t1_iy0xks9 wrote

Redemption Rock Brewery is a very trans welcoming space

gopperman t1_iy1is7n wrote

Check out events at the Firehouse, many of the members are queer / trans.

I would recommend joining the go list, lower traffic these days but still a great way to find out about friendly events in town: https://groups.google.com/g/go-list

Chefitutide t1_iy35ce8 wrote

Firehouse is still open? Wow...Been years

gopperman t1_iy8iwto wrote

COVID slowed things down but they're still there!

kellgirl5800 t1_iy1on6t wrote

Anything run by loveyourlabels is super trans affirming!

poutine-pal t1_iy4424n wrote

Honestly? There don’t seem to be many places that aren’t welcoming of trans people in Worcester. What are your specific interests? I would state your interests and maybe people can guide you more clearly.

sulfuricZoologist OP t1_iy44i1r wrote

I guess I worded my initial post poorly lol. What I'm looking for is hangout spots by/for trans people to hang out with other trans people. Like a bar, club, that sort of thing. What I'm not looking for is support groups. We're both big foodies, we both play instruments and we're big theater people (mostly me)

Enragedocelot t1_iy4ojoe wrote

Check out Queer The Scene. The JMAC too

framedmushroom t1_iy4tlsj wrote

Ralphs diner is trans friendly and a bar. They have really great bands play there. Its a really diverse crowd there and different nights have different events. They do poetry slams on mondays, open mic comedies on tuesdays, karaoke on Wednesdays, then thursdays changes up, sometimes metal shows, punk, Harleys drag show, fridays and saturdays also have all kinds of bands play there. Even if you arent interested in the shows upstairs, you can hang out downstairs or on the patio.

your_city_councilor t1_iy51f4s wrote

I think most places in Worcester, aside from maybe some townie Irish bars, are pretty trans-friendly. For things that are exclusively trans, though, I'm not so sure. I think Electric Haze might have some trans nights.