Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

slopezski t1_j3hd8rz wrote

Considering I’ve heard several stories (as well as my own) of them claiming things were beyond repair and that they would “dispose of it for you” only for it to be a minor repair at another shop (or in my case it was running again when they returned it when it hadn’t been before) making it seem weirdly like they were going to flip your stuff on you I can’t say I’m shocked…

albalfa OP t1_j3hulot wrote

Weird. I just liked have a place on park ave I could drop in and buy a part when needed.

HistoricalSecurity77 t1_j3i4yc7 wrote

Too bad. I’ve had my equipment serviced there for years. Will have to find another local shop.

New-Vegetable-1274 t1_j3k1qyd wrote

Caola may be shady but people beat the crap out of their machines and don't maintain them. Then they are shocked when they bring them to the shop and are told their machine is beyond repair. These are simple machines and the average person can maintain them and fix most things. Changing things at recommended intervals will keep these machines running for years. Caola sold a lot of Toro stuff that used to be good but it's mostly junk now. If you want a lawn that looks like a golf course, only bag your first cut and switch over to a mulching. Change your blade(s) 3 or 4 times across the summer. I recommend a 4" cut. Bagged feeds are expensive you can buy compost for $35 dollars a yard. Put it down with a drop spreader and water it in. You can put it down as often as you like and it will build your turf and every season you'll lawn will improve. If your property isn't too big can control weeds with agricultural vinegar in a garden sprayer.

Karen1968a t1_j3lurzm wrote

We’ve bought a few things from them, easy to deal with and happy to answer questions. Sad to see a small business closing