Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AutoModerator t1_j6bo1tz wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* No AI-generated reponses 🤖 >* Stories 100 words+. Poems 30+ but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* [RF] and [SP] for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

SCP_radiantpoison t1_j6bwfj6 wrote

I'm leaving a comment here to come back tomorrow and tackle this. Immune privilege would make hell of a "cells at work" kind of story.

FallenCorrin t1_j6dlmn6 wrote

Another fun biological fact: never let immune system know about brain, thyroid, balls and ovaries (for the same reasons) . The more you know...

EvilNoobHacker t1_j6c72y9 wrote

As a very silly boy who doesn't know anything about bio, could someone smart explain this?

Deloptin t1_j6cht0w wrote

Your immune system doesn't know about your eyes. If it somehow found out, it would attack the foreign object and you would go blind.

narcdef t1_j6crq0p wrote

Our eyes have privilege of restricting immune response from our body so our vision is not damaged. But there are auto immune diseases that makes this happen too damaging our vision. So I guess OP is talking about that?...

Copperlaces t1_j6f2y7z wrote

Yes. And optic neuritis (I have this in both eyes) is an autoimmune condition that attacks your eyes. White blood cells attack the optic nerves thinking the nerve coating, myelin sheath, is an allergen, damaging the nerves and opening up for an infection. It's part of multiple sclerosis.

FarsLasagne t1_j6c8y3f wrote

I Think they are saying our eyes are foreign object.

Run-Riot t1_j6ciw86 wrote

“How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren’t real?”

• Jaden Smith, 2013