Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

maggiedo0dle t1_j9pw0z1 wrote

better yet, (everyone) come check out the Gem Cutters Guild of Baltimore! we love rocks! and you can even learn how to cut your own. :-)

call_me_ping t1_j9qtpu5 wrote

I had no idea that this existed! Thanks for sharing!

sxswnxnw t1_j9ptd2r wrote

Home Depot?

Just bought a couple bags of river stones there. About 16 dollars a bag.

diegggs94 OP t1_j9ptk15 wrote

Oh how did I not think of this, thanks

sxswnxnw t1_j9ptwem wrote

It's kinda magical back there with all the stones and pavers. Oddly my favorite section. I specifically got mine at the Catonsville Home Depot, but they probably have them at Eastern Avenue Home Depot.

keyjan t1_j9p50lw wrote

screen cap for those of us who haven't seen it yet?

diegggs94 OP t1_j9pbj4s wrote

keyjan t1_j9pc368 wrote

I am not a geologist, but those look like water tumbled stones, big ones. Don't know if you can buy them; you might be able to find them in creeks and riverbeds, but be cognizant of whether you can pick them up from there (private property, parks, etc.)

diegggs94 OP t1_j9ptmdq wrote

Thanks will check those out if Home Depot, etc don’t have any

Ok_Ad8609 t1_j9tmfzu wrote

I have a suggestion, but it would technically be stealing 😬 But if you just want to gaze upon some rocks like these, there is an open lot on Key Highway, right next to the Harborview Tower and Pierside Homes. They completely filled the lot with rocks, I believe to prevent skateboarding. Some of the rocks are exactly like these, and are actually this large—the ones at Home Depot are similar, but a good bit smaller than these. I have taken a couple of the rocks for my plants, but again—it is technically theft. But there are just so many of them, and I couldn’t resist when I saw a couple that looked really cool. Take this for what it’s worth and do whatever you want, but I wanted to share the knowledge lol

keyjan t1_j9pqbnj wrote

there's also r/geology...

UsualFirefighter9 t1_j9q03xl wrote

Dorsey Rd at Telegraph but no clue what the store is called.