Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jabbadarth t1_iwqonrr wrote

I like that they appoint an inspector to find fraud and waste and then attack the office when waste and fraud is found.

Why does it seem like every politician is just a shitty grinder.

Also its apparently cheap as fuck to get whatever you want from these assholes. $5k from a business and $2500 personal check gets you a $70k private driveway.

[deleted] t1_iwqstlu wrote

That’s actually expensive in terms of bribes.

Look at congress bribery: it’s usually corporations giving them hundreds of thousands and receiving billions in return

D0NNIENARCO t1_iwr9zp2 wrote

Shit, you don't even have to look that far... Pugh got $500k from UMMS, $100k from Kaiser Permanente, and $80k from the Associated Black Charities for her nonexistent childrens books.

jabbadarth t1_iwrwchu wrote

To be fair some of the books existed (I have one)

Cody_in_Baltimore OP t1_iwql3xy wrote

From the article

>Baltimore County officials spent nearly $70,000 from a program intended for homeowners to instead help a business person quickly repave a Towson alley next to their business, at the insistence of Council Chair Julian Jones, according to an inspector general report issued Thursday.

AutoModerator t1_iwql2pg wrote

Hello there!

Links from the domain present in your post are known to present a soft paywall to users. As a result, some users may have difficulty reading the linked content.

It may be helpful to provide a comment containing a synopsis or a snippet of the major points of the article in order to help those who may not be able to see it.

In accordance with the subreddit rules, please do not post the entirety of the article's contents as a comment.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.