Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

danasider t1_isjljp4 wrote

You work in a store that presumably wants to make money.

A property like "Fight Club" is so well known and tied to the movie, that the store would be better off keeping its organization tied to the movie more than anything else. Because there's a better chance that a person who knows the movie will want to read the book than a Chuck Palahniuk/Horror reader not finding the book due to "incorrect" genre placement.

Give this one up. Your need to be technically correct will not help the book get in more people's hands. If anything, the difference between the movie and book will be an interesting surprise for the reader.

fitsofhappyness t1_isjmbhh wrote

Librarian here. Chuck Palahniuk describes his own work as transgressional fiction and usually Fight Club is listed as a satirical novel.

While it seems easy to just move books from one section to another ‐ they are actually given specific designations through the Dewey decimal system and the Library of Congress that supply an agreed upon cataloging order and shelving locations.

Link below shows cataloging info for Fight Club.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Club_(novel)

Jack-Campin t1_isjm7kx wrote

The customers get to decide. Wherever they look for it is where it goes.

Putting Grisham's The Innocent Man in fiction always ticked me off but that was where it sold.

books-ModTeam t1_isjpic6 wrote

> Do not post shallow content.

I'm sorry but your post currently counts as "shallow content." Do you have something else to say about the book that you could edit into the text? Preferably your own thoughts about the book or at the least a description of the book - without spoilers.

Let me know if you edit it & I can reinstate your post.