Submitted by AutoModerator t3_yd00fa in books

Welcome readers,

Have you ever wanted to ask something but you didn't feel like it deserved its own post but it isn't covered by one of our other scheduled posts? Allow us to introduce you to our new Simple Questions thread! Twice a week, every Tuesday and Saturday, a new Simple Questions thread will be posted for you to ask anything you'd like. And please look for other questions in this thread that you could also answer! A reminder that this is not the thread to ask for book recommendations. All book recommendations should be asked in /r/suggestmeabook or our Weekly Recommendation Thread.

Thank you and enjoy!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

natus92 t1_itpkyjp wrote

Since new Goodreads sucks can anyone recommend a database that lists editions of books, especially translations?

remibause t1_itwixnz wrote

worldcat.org combines the catalogues of thousands of libraries worldwide. It has an all editions button once you found a book that allows you to filter by language.

It allows you to create lists that you can share and you can follow lists made by others.

However it's focus is more scholarly and library catalog than social media site.

SAYARIAsayaria t1_iu7ro65 wrote

What is another alternative to Goodreads but better and not as scholarly as worldcat?

[deleted] t1_itreqli wrote

Does anyone have a simple character list for song of Achilles that briefly explains who is related to who, etc.?

DeathDaNoob t1_itrf2r9 wrote

Do you know any good apps without ads to read books on android

honeypotcoffee t1_iu168fy wrote

What do you guys do to eat and read and the same time? I’ve tried but it’s infuriating and I usually just give up.

remibause t1_iu6evhs wrote

Desk reading stand, though I haven’t used mine since my studies.

Minitay t1_iu19a6u wrote

An app for reading pdfs/epubs on the phone that smooshes the text when I zoom in?

So my only time reading is when I have my phone with me, and it's hard to read digital books when the text is tiny and when I zoom in I have to keep scrolling side to side to read the sentences.

So my question is if someone knows an app that, when you zoom in on the PDF/epub, it enlarges the text but also fits it to the screen, effectively smooshing the paragraph, like on some mobile sites.

Aranel52 t1_iu77m9i wrote

I know android at least should let you use file manager to import pdfs to your local kindle app. Not sure if that feature is possible on iOS.

Minitay t1_iu8cxib wrote

I have android so I will try that out, thanks!