Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FV10043 t1_itq6nwt wrote

I really enjoyed the book too. The use of the character's recovering memories over time was a great writing device. We could enjoy him discovering things in 2 different time periods simultaneously.

SLJ7 t1_itq8a1e wrote

One of my favourite books of all time. For me, the story just worked in every individual way: the science and space travel was fascinating, the characters (including Rocky) were relatable, the situation they were in was riveting. Also, the audio book narration is perfect and I'm sure that helped. I don't think there's one single thing that was done very right; it was everything.

Marknabokovian OP t1_itq972j wrote

I remember after finishing reading I kind of just stood there in the middle of New York and just whispered “wow”. Incredible book.

CrazyCatLady108 t1_itqp9kx wrote

Apologies, but your post does not contain enough for people to engage in conversation. Do you have something else to say about the book that you could edit into the text? Let me know if you edit it and I will reinstate your post.

Or, if you would prefer to share quick/brief reactions to a book you are currently reading or recently finished, you can comment in our weekly What We're Reading thread, accessible from our header atop the sub. Your book may even appear in the sub banner! Thank you.

minimalist_coach t1_itqbrw1 wrote

I found this story delightful. I love a story that flows in a way that feels like I've watched a movie. I read a lot, but this book was by far one of the best I've read this year and I plan to read everything Andy Weir has written in hopes that any of them come close.

FreddyGunk t1_itqemsc wrote

I actually bought this earlier for 99p on the Google ebooks shop. Glad to see a post commending it. Looking forward to it.