Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ShakeAffectionate t1_iu74zkt wrote

There was a bomb explosion in Roslindale?

Yak_Rodeo t1_iu77473 wrote

really blows my mind how many people arent from here on this site, this was a huge story and still talked about a lot in rozzie

redbullandlean t1_iu788pd wrote

just bc someone didn’t hear about this “huge incident” doesn’t mean they aren’t from there. this cannot be a real comment right now.

jtet93 t1_iu8sxu1 wrote

More like most people on Reddit weren’t alive to remember 1991

ShakeAffectionate t1_iu77w0f wrote

I have lived in Roslindale all my life and I never heard of this. I was born way after the incident though

Catticus42 t1_iu8xal4 wrote

Thanks for posting this. I saw firetrucks in front of Holy Name on my way to work, one with a fully extended ladder and a massive American flag hanging from it. The abnormally large procession of police vehicles told me it was most likely a retired police officer, but no idea who. The article explained the display nicely. Thank you.

Conan776 t1_iu7fm9s wrote

>the man who actually built the device was sentenced to life in prison - a sentence reduced last year to 41 years.

The guy ultimately blamed for building the bomb was just some random homosexual who the intended victim's son had met exactly once and who had recently graduated from MIT.

This being the early 1990s, the cops and the prosecutor and the jury all "knew" that gays were dangerous social deviants, and, perhaps much more correctly, that anyone who went to MIT knew how to build a bomb.

Real travesty of justice, and we should all be glad the guy's sentence was reduced.

−6

charons-voyage t1_iu8lces wrote

I mean, the dude also built a bomb that blue up a truck in Quincy, using similar technology to the bomb in roslindale.

However, I still wonder if Shay Sr had anything to do with it…

Nobiting t1_iu8rpcd wrote

> This being the early 1990s, the cops and the prosecutor and the jury all "knew" that gays were dangerous social deviants

Or maybe, ya know, the guy BUILT A FUCKING BOMB.