Submitted by AutoModerator t3_yfhzst in boston

Hey r/Boston

This thread is for chatting about what is going on in Boston today. This includes the news about today's commute, what is going on around Boston, commonly asked questions, as well as a general free chat throughout the day.

Example topics include:

• Regularly asked questions
  • Best places to go for a hike/walk in or around Boston
  • Updates on the COVID-19 situation in Boston/other local towns
  • Best places to go out to eat or drink
  • Things going on in and around Boston
  • General questions that you feel do not require an entire thread
  • Music you have been listening to lately, or shows you have started watching
  • Skyline or sunset pictures

Here are some useful links as well:

1. The weather
  2. MBTA alerts and delays
  3. Official COVID-19 Information

Please be civil and keep things SFW.

Self promotion of Boston related events, activities, and news is allowed so long as the event is happening within the next 5 days and not a regularly occurring event.

If there is something you'd like to see here please message the moderators and let us know.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

randomlurker82 t1_iu44gsa wrote

Dropped off my mail in ballot in Malden this morning. Fuck yeah convenient voting.

Rocklobsterbot t1_iu3sa0u wrote

Is it time to remove some of the wordiest (and most annoying) automod responses?

ch1ck3npotpi3 t1_iu3vebw wrote

No, we need to make them even wordier and even more annoying.

VicVinegar88 t1_iu4nldr wrote

They're all brutal. Written by someone who imagines they're a lot funnier than they actually are.

michael_scarn_21 t1_iu46w4l wrote

Bad bot.

AutoModerator OP t1_iu46w5o wrote

what did you say to me? Say it again you filthy transplant. Yeah i know your type. You probably have Connecticut plates and a Yankees sticker on your car. You brag about how close you live to Fenway Park, but then complain in the sub about how loud the concerts are. How about you and me meet in the parking lot of the 7-11 in Revere and settle this?

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

maxVII t1_iu6rcjd wrote

Did they raise the speed limit on the red line today? I’m pretty sure we just caught some air heading into Kendall from Charles/MGH.

aggressiveberries t1_iu4emv5 wrote

I inherited a coin collection from my grandfather and was wondering if there's any shops or places to get these appraised and/or sold? Looks like a lot of them were bought from those cheesy TV ads, and Ebay prices are all over the place, so I'd rather get them looked at.

bbqturtle t1_iu4inkg wrote

Hi, I'd really like to get my booster this weekend, but every appointment I can see is not until November 2nd. Does anyone know of anywhere that accepts walkins? What are my chances at a random CVS?

anotherdayofmadness t1_iu4wkt2 wrote

Walgreens had some availability this weekend in Dorchester/Quincy when I checked yesterday.

no2cminorop18 t1_iu679rt wrote

I got mine at Union Pharmacy in Newton Center. It was a walk-in, but you can pre-register online with your info. It's a small independent pharmacy, so there might be a little bit of a wait.

TheOriginalTerra t1_iu4vkx9 wrote

It probably depends a lot where you are. I made my appointment last weekend, assuming that I could easily get my booster this week, but available appointments started in early November. I couldn't find an appointment at a CVS near me at all. It seems to be about the same situation as when the first round of vaccines came out - appointments were harder to come by in the city, and much easier in the suburbs.