Submitted by Heavenlasvegas t3_z583ko in boston

Does anyone know of any coat drives in Boston? I have a lot of good quality adult winter coats, hats, gloves and scarfs I’d like to donate to a nonprofit

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ErinElf t1_ixuts9m wrote

Most homeless shelters take winter clothes donations - different ones have different rules about new vs gently used so you may want to call around, but Pine Street Inn, Women’s Lunch Place, and Bridge Over Troubled Water (for teens/young adults) are good places to start

angelmichelle13 t1_ixuwjkn wrote

There’s big brother big sister which does house/apt curb pick ups a few times a month. Check out their website to see if that’s an option! They are a godsend for when I clean out my closets.

igobyeddie t1_ixv53ly wrote

I think Anton’s cleaners does coat drives.

Sardoniosophy t1_ixvqw11 wrote

They do! And they're accepting them through Jan. 8 this season.

Past-Road6703 t1_ixw12s6 wrote

IBEW Local 103 is having a winter clothing drive. Not sure if it’s just for new stuff or if they’ll take gently used as well. They’re taking donations at the union hall on Freeport St in Dorchester.

colorcodedbooks t1_ixw4q3h wrote

City Year, and education non-profit, is doing a coat drive. Their HQ is near the Back Bay stop off the orange line

Goldenrule-er t1_ixwa5pp wrote

The Boston Medical Center, Faster Paths Program is in the Yawkey building at Harrison and Massachusetts Avenue. They deal directly with people living on the street and battling to fight addiction. They'd appreciate the donations.

Prestigious-Buy-8698 t1_ixxfi4c wrote

Please donate to St Francis House in Boston. They have a lot of clients that are living on the streets in desperate circumstances. These individuals may not make it through the winter if they don't have a warm coat, hat, gloves. Thank you for your consideration.

orreos14 t1_ixys9o4 wrote

Boston healthcare for the homeless