Submitted by NervousSun9660 t3_z2zbf3 in boston

Hi! I just copped a secondhand vintage Max Mara 101801 coat (from the 90s!!!!!) and it’s in great condition.

I did however buy a bigger coat than would fit my frame. I’m looking for the best tailors in the Boston area that can help fix the piece to my size.

I’m looking for tailors that specialize in designer/ Max Mara coats specifically. Any suggestions on your fav tailors in the Boston area? TYSM!!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Consistent_Syrup_235 t1_ixjdnbv wrote

You could call MaxMara on Newbury and ask who they recommend for alterations.

Downsizing a coat is tricky. I recommend Newbury Tailoring Co. (who are on Boylston) not cheap but they do impeccable work.

terminal_e t1_ixjjjqa wrote

How many sizes too large is it?

There are a number of pre-owned on Ebay for ~500. You might be easily looking at > $200 in alterations

NervousSun9660 OP t1_ixjn3qx wrote

I did get it for cheap via Vestiaire Collective compared to the 4k price tag online right now. so alteration costs don’t bother me!

I need to alter it 2 sizes down

BurtsJourno t1_ixpb6f9 wrote

Browne & Sons in Mattapan. The shop is worth the trip. Top class tailor and very fair cash prices.

Sardoniosophy t1_ixpblel wrote

Rodolfo in Copley Place is the only one I trust with my bespoke silk suits so if you have something you love and are willing to pay for quality and expertise, he's the one to beat.