Submitted by AutoModerator t3_10j82uy in boston

Hey r/Boston

This thread is for chatting about what is going on in Boston today. This includes the news about today's commute, what is going on around Boston, commonly asked questions, as well as a general free chat throughout the day.

Example topics include:

• Regularly asked questions
  • Best places to go for a hike/walk in or around Boston
  • Updates on the COVID-19 situation in Boston/other local towns
  • Best places to go out to eat or drink
  • Things going on in and around Boston
  • General questions that you feel do not require an entire thread
  • Music you have been listening to lately, or shows you have started watching
  • Skyline or sunset pictures

Here are some useful links as well:

1. The weather
  2. MBTA alerts and delays
  3. Official COVID-19 Information

Please be civil and keep things SFW.

Self promotion of Boston related events, activities, and news is allowed so long as the event is happening within the next 5 days and not a regularly occurring event.

If there is something you'd like to see here please message the moderators and let us know.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

simpletongue t1_j5l0fwg wrote

if you work with anyone who flew home from orlando airport last night, be nice to them. we had a very long night

[deleted] t1_j5jv15n wrote

[deleted]

werther57 t1_j5kiud2 wrote

It's not exactly a secret, it's even on the official MBTA map.

> Maps never recommends using the concourse or anything like that

Probably because it almost never makes sense to switch from the orange line to the green line if you're not coming from the north (and then you'd switch at North Station or Haymarket).

When it's busy, it's faster to take the concourse to get from the Red Line to the Orange Line, but you need to be in the right carriage and know exactly where you're going.

HeartrendingExpress t1_j5mj103 wrote

That tunnel always stinks of piss, the MBTA needs to buy a can of febreeze, it's not that expensive! But that would require the MBTA management to 1) care about passengers and 2) actually do something

draper2546 t1_j5l5qbt wrote

Will the snow auto melt tomorrow?

LIATG t1_j5n5zhq wrote

it should be warm enough to but don't count on it

littlebutcute t1_j5lk2cr wrote

I really hate morning me for putting on my crappy boots and not my good snow boots.

randomlurker82 t1_j5m0y3f wrote

If you are driving anywhere tonight give yourself a LOT of extra time.

Just had to drive from Roxbury to Malden and it took almost 2 hours.

Drive slow. It's slippery.

MisterEnterprise t1_j5mchuo wrote

PSA: Roche Brothers brand ice cream isn't very good. It's moose tracks flavor tastes waxy.

InvictusJoker t1_j5k7xxr wrote

I'm looking to move up to Boston June 15th, and I'm curious about what's a good time to start looking for apartments? I'm aware that the apartment market completely renews in September, but I'd ideally prefer to not sublet for 1-2 months and have to move again.

I've already started looking, but it seems like it's way too early and most places that are available want to rent immediately. Would the best time to start looking for nice apartments for a June 15th move in be in April/May?

Wheelio t1_j5kcl4s wrote

You’ll have a real tough time finding a true June 15th move-in. For that, it’s going to either be apartments lying around unrented because of some serious issue, luxury apartment highrises that have availability and start whenever, or yes a sublet.

Best thing if you really don’t want to move twice is to find a sublet that you like and can renew in the Fall cycle.

Otherwise you can look around late April/early May. Usually 30 days before your desired move in date is the best time.

devAcc123 t1_j5kme06 wrote

Even that is unlikely. If you’re subletting from June-august it’s likely the tenant already isn’t renewing and someone else already signed the September lease

ONTaF t1_j5lksug wrote

Any good reccs for skincare clinics in the city?

Ideally would love to find a great quality place who can be responsible for botox, chem peels, facial treatments, etc

I've done some research too but for this kind of thing I always appreciate a good word-of-mouth reference. Thanks!

PM_ME_YOUR_TOS t1_j5m682u wrote

Do you have a car? If so I’m a huge fan of Marni Smith in Wellesley, she works at Dr Jeannie Chung’s office and her practice rocks.

OldSweatyBulbasar t1_j5mhxif wrote

BWH Faulkner plastic surgery has a purely cosmetic aesthetician practice, or at least they did a few years back.

bunks_things t1_j5mbpwh wrote

Anybody else having internet issues? Or is it just my building?

Avery-Bradley t1_j5nhc3x wrote

How do people know when there's a concert occurring? I know you can follow their social medias, but it's a lot of work tracking them individually. Was looking for something like an app or websites to give notifications when something pops up