Submitted by weedsmokerfourtwunny t3_10pu4l8 in boston

Alright hear me out. I make custom/art pieces out of second hand dolls and figures. I like to buy second hand for a multitude of reasons. FBM is alright sometimes, but it’s honestly kind of dry here in Boston.

I’m looking for thrift stores that have actual toy sections. I’ve been to the antique mall in Cambridge and the few thrift shops near me, but with absolutely no luck.

If anyone knows of any thrifts in the greater Boston area with a toy section to write home about, please let me know😤 This is also an invitation to sell me your old Monster High/Bratz/MyScene/Rainbow Highs lol

Thanks!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

WhaleWatchersMod t1_j6mf6f5 wrote

I’m intrigued as to what your art pieces look like.

YourStonedNeighbor t1_j6mpvk8 wrote

A drive, but every time I go to Savers in Hanover, the toy section is completely stocked with (literally) every single toy I’ve ever bought my babe, and every toy I would want to buy him as he grows

weco308 t1_j6mzoms wrote

Again a drive, but Savers in Nashua NH & Plaistow NH have sizeable toy sections. The Savers in Danvers seems to be overcrowded.

OhYiWen t1_j6mryqf wrote

I believe Sister Thrift in Watertown has a decently sized toy/kid section.

75footubi t1_j6nbv0o wrote

Might also check and see if your neighborhood has a Buy Nothing group on Facebook.

Wilforks t1_j6n401f wrote

Goodwill in Quincy is hit or miss, but I’d check them out, sometimes they’re loaded with old toys.

Lost_Acanthisitta248 t1_j6neb6j wrote

I have some toy car/trucks I’m looking to offload in Jp

lights-out-dogs-out t1_j6oh6hn wrote

Comicazi in Davis sq has a huge collection of used action figures and other various old toys. In box rare stuff like OG Megazords, and some cheaper loose items. Always find something neat when I visit.