Submitted by Flakybeef t3_10n0dtg in boston

Hi! I am looking for some recommendations for some edibles for a first timer. I’ve smoked we before but did not enjoy the feeling of inhaling it and would like to try ingestion. I prefer the stain the helps people wind down after a day of work. Looking for locations around Newton or the Metrowest area. Thanks in advance!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

APIASlabs t1_j66h0a2 wrote

The important part to know is that with edibles, the 'onset' of effects is pretty delayed versus smoking/vaping, and depends heavily on what you've eaten recently, edible type, overall metabolism, tolerance, dose, etc.

This is where people make mistakes and take, say, 10mg (a single edible gummy, for example), then don't feel it after 15min and take another, or maybe 2...and in 40min you're high as fuck. It's not like you'll OD, but if you're not prepared for the mental effects it can be stressful and slow to go away. It can also creep up so slowly you don't notice you're high, except you're studying patterns or colors or flavors in your own little world.

Like anything, go slow and be safe. Have fun!

notswasson t1_j66h0o7 wrote

-Recommendation number 1: Start small, like 2.5mg or even less. Then wait a couple of hours. The "standard serving" for most edibles in MA is 5mg. However, if you did not have a great time smoking, you probably don't really know how much to take.

Caveat- weed seltzers tend to have a faster impact

-Recommendation number 2: Consider if you are planning to have alcohol as well. The effects play off of each other differently in some people, so just because a certain amount of edible plays well with you without alcohol, does not mean it will play the same way with alcohol.

Recommendation number 3: I find that chocolates tend to be a good place to start as usually if you like the sound of a particular flavor of bar you will like that. Sometimes I've had gummies or lozenges that definitely did not taste like the listed flavor.

cayenne0 t1_j66cpba wrote

/r/bostontrees

riski_click t1_j6685qs wrote

We have a bunch of different Dunkin Donuts in the city.

temp4adhd t1_j66tgj1 wrote

Some people don't ever feel the effects when ingested, so go into your experiment fully knowing you may be one of those people (my husband is).

Honestly it doesn't matter what you try, most of the edibles sold around here seem to be mass manufactured and about the same is sold everywhere, like candy at a gas station. Buy whatever, BUT ... and this is important!! ... only take a half for your first try. Give it hours. Give it the whole night. Do NOT try to top it off if you don't feel much. If it didn't do much, the next day you can try a whole gummy.

Edibles definitely take a longer time to hit, and that time can vary depending on whether or what or when you last ate.

Have munchies around, and lots of water.

(I disagree with the seltzer recommendation, seltzers have never done anything, I think they are a waste)

Also never trust anyone's home-made brownies, and definitely don't eat them on an empty stomach, I once spent 3 days very high on one home-made brownie... very uncomfortably high! I am glad for legal shops with controlled processes so not all the cannabis somehow gets concentrated in the brownie I happened to eat that time... ha.

emodwarf t1_j66dzw4 wrote

I’ve had good experiences at Garden Remedies in Newton, though it’s been a year since I’ve last been around there. If you like ice cream, Cabot’s is half a block away.

Some edibles will specifically say what their effects or use case are so you can browse by that. Others might say indica or sativa. As a general, but not hard, guide you can think of indica strains as more the wind down variety.

You can also tell your person what kinda vibe you’re going for and they can guide you through options.

notswasson t1_j66flv6 wrote

I've also had good experiences at Garden Remedies. They have a small parking lot for adult use. Ethos in Watertown also has a lot for adult use as well.

Maxpowr9 t1_j66acz0 wrote

Bourbon Street Steak with an oreo shake.

SingerStinger69 t1_j678azd wrote

Redi in Newton, by the Eliot T Stop, is nice.

Go with 2.5mg or 5mg, maximum. Don't be tempted to take more, because it can take hours to kick in and varies by person and product.

You can get ones that have a blend of THC and CBD, which is really mellow and uplifting. Otherwise, any indica options should be chill as well ("indica = in da couch"). Enjoy!

rainniier2 t1_j67pv5x wrote

Agree with the person who said start with 2.5 mg. One thing I’ve noticed with edibles is that sometimes the thc Is not mixed evenly within the container of gummies and some will be stronger than others. I like the Coast Cannabis ones and haven’t run into this issue with them.

LivingMemento t1_j68e07w wrote

Try dry vaping. Edibles are annoying AF. They take hours to hit. Then you have no idea how long you’ll be high. That said if Garden Remedies still uses that good Belgian chocolate—that was a very delicious high.

imso1cy t1_j68db8z wrote

Did edibles the other day with my fiancé, first time getting high in a long time. Can say that the planetarium is valid.

Lisitska t1_j698z5y wrote

I'm going to anti-recommend the bougie Martha Stewart ones. Was totally intrigued by the interesting flavors, but they all upset my stomach.

Budget-Bake6277 t1_j68b7he wrote

Make your own. Dispensary edibles are trash.

KungPowGasol t1_j66rgsh wrote

Toss a bunch of gummies on top of ice cream and dive right in.

−5

[deleted] t1_j66cjoh wrote

Just eat as many bars/gummies as you need to to feel full.

−6