Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MapleLumberjac t1_ixo7va6 wrote

If you're not looking for 4k, the Xbox series S could be a good option. It's cheaper than the series X and ps5 and has all of the next gen benefits except the 4k resolution. Also xbox game pass can be a really good deal if you like to play a lot of different games.

spoonard t1_ixoz1ep wrote

Actually no 4k, less fidelity, less frames per second, and PS+ Premium has more games than Gamepass for the same price. The Series S is a piece of trash console.

−4

finaderiva t1_ixsp9tu wrote

Yeah, the disc-less PS5 is the same price as the S but the specs are better, idk why anyone would buy an S

TheyLuvSquid t1_ixv95oy wrote

Where are you living that a diskless ps5 is the same price as an S?

finaderiva t1_ixvnfmk wrote

I take that back, just looked it up. I thought the series s was $400. Wasn’t it $400 on release?

celcius_451 t1_ixoazy2 wrote

Samsung has good price/performance monitors. Look for M5 and M7 series. If you're below 4k don't ever worry about frame rate drops in both consoles.

Also Hogwarts Legacy is coming to both Xbox Series and PS5 as far as I know.

You have some experience with Nintendo exclusives as you said, if you're into that you might check PlayStation exclusives too. Xbox is clearly the better console in many ways but it's a machine that you buy to play games so, I think it's better to make your choice based on which games you're looking forward to play not better GPU and CPU etc.

That being said I think PS5 is a better choice in my opinion today. This is coming from someone who owns both consoles. Xbox has good games on the horizon but they're yet to deliver whereas PS5 has already great exclusives.

3rd party games are similar on both consoles performance-wise so no worries on that end.

Lastly try to get a console with disc driver. In the long run you can buy some games cheaper as physical copies or share some games with your friends. Don't get stuck to digital storefront only.

venturousperson t1_ixod4yy wrote

Hey thank you so much for your suggestions! I was wondering about Freesync/VRR; would you recommend getting a monitor that supports these standards, even if the screen resolution is 1440p? Or would it not matter for that resolution? Sadly I can’t go to a store and try out monitors, so I have no first hand experience.

celcius_451 t1_ixogihx wrote

I bought a TV last year and my partner bought a monitor two months ago. Here's what I learned from all our research before our purchases:

From my limited knowledge monitors usually have freesync not vrr. And vice versa for TV's. It's not impossible to find a monitor with vrr and tv with freesync but it would be hard I imagine.

Adding to that there is no 1440p TV's that I know of. Only 1080p or 2160p.

I easily experience sensory overload from visual and audio sources so it's really really important for me to look at pleasant, balanced and not oversaturated colors on a monitor. I tried many brands at my local electronics shop with my laptop thanks to understanding staff and decided that Samsung and LG has best looking panels in both TV's and monitors.

If you're looking something smaller than 32 inches I recommend you check out Samsung Odyssey G5. If you're looking something bigger around the same price range, 43 inch for example, check out Samsung M5 or M7. Those were my favorites.

Brainvillage t1_ixp1fs8 wrote

I would have said PS5 since you prefer the controller, but it not supporting AMD Freesync seems like a deal breaker. The real strength of the PS5 is its exclusives, but if you're just gonna be sticking to 5 or so multi plats, I'd say Series X. It's a little more powerful than PS5, so you're probably gonna see higher framerates. Also, things are just easier on the Series X. I own all three, butt find myself reaching for the Series X controller when push comes to shove.

boredgav t1_ixppsu3 wrote

I soooo misread that... i thought it said, "Which console should I get considering i'm circumcised." I wondered why that would even make a difference, until I read it properly.

MonteProps t1_ixpk5zm wrote

I’ve got both and I’d recommend PS5, the exclusives are much better and the controller is streets ahead.

finaderiva t1_ixsp6ki wrote

PS5. I have both. For a casual gamer who likes exclusives, PS5 is better. I think the user interface is better and it has way better exclusives. I play competitive games on monitor with the Xbox, such as COD, and play single player exclusives on the tv with the PS5

[deleted] OP t1_ixochym wrote

[removed]

venturousperson t1_ixocp4h wrote

Why series X? I scrolled through a couple of “suggestion” posts and everyone seem to recommend series X, primarily because of the game pass. Is there more to it than game pass? Specification-wise they look the same on paper