Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_jd3j4q3 wrote

The Wall

Another horror /psychological illustration inspired by recent photos I've made of spooky places around the city and stuff I've been reading.

Have you ever stepped in a place and felt such negativity pulsing through the walls combined with heavy cold atmosphere and as you are being watched from some dark corner of the room?

PS. Hugely inspired by Beksinski!

Done traditionally with graphite on paper. For more art and process behind it, you can find me at https://www.instagram.com/ogipavkovicart/

TheOldSchlGmr t1_jd4q4wa wrote

Legitimate question: Why is it called The Wall? The door in the center is obviously the focal point of the piece.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_jd6qfs2 wrote

Thats absolutely legit question and I dont know how to answer this. Idea and piece started with just the wall corrupted with negativity, or to put it easier words, haunted wall. Doors with that face and symbols came afterwards and piece went on its own. I really thought about naming it, such as The Doors or something like that, but none of it felt right, as if the only proper way to name it is The Wall. Im going quite a lot by intuition and that inner feeling that I myself dont understand how it functions at all. Its bit weird , isnt it?

versacecupcakes t1_jd4o30v wrote

This reminds me of the optical illusion where checkered squares have a shadow over them. And you find out the white square with shadow is the same color as the dark square without shadow. Great job! Idk how people can do stuff like this.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_jd6ql6c wrote

Glad to hear that! Im not sure ether how and from where do these ideas come from, but as for technical part, its all about values. You can find process behind it on my instagram page along side many other pieces. Im trying to share as much as possible of progress pics of each piece. Some fail ,some succeed, but I think it does help a lot for people interested in art and such.

v0xeh t1_jd5723a wrote

I like the breakup of the writing with the brick layering being revealed. Looks dope

Edit: also that lighting coming from the right side is done so nice

Vast_Impress4568 t1_jd3vm5h wrote

Parents: "Don't go into our room"

Door to the room:

kevnmartin t1_jd44guk wrote

Yes, shouldn't this really be called The Doors?

Air-Bo t1_jd58q1b wrote

I’d say the wall itself is more personified with the eyes. Like it’s the vessel for what is hidden behind the doors

Important-Loss1605 t1_jd7ixqj wrote

What are the symbols besides the inverted pentagram, peter's cross and sun cross?