Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

taylorpilot t1_ivd7lxm wrote

Yeah they look weird but they look like they’re kind of doing their own thing. Like the aliens from MIB.

“He ain’t snarling, he’s sneezing.”

They’re not doing anything awful, just look weird and are going about their weird day to day.

TheMaveCan t1_ivg6dx0 wrote

How would I feel if someone busted me in my ass while I'm on the treadmill

Wow00woW t1_ivdum6e wrote

OP, is this OC? If not, do you have info on the artist? I really like this.

Anavarael t1_iveaq1f wrote

Nice! But could you explain the title please?

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivfleav wrote

Initially i was going to make a piece about the melancholy of lost objects, because i always find interest seeing objects that people hold dear, and then i started thinking about dolls in particular and how they're usually a macabre reflection of humans and they're usually some kind of bastardization of the human form, but they're also used can also be used to display human moments as in mannequins and miniature form. So i ended up putting them in a backstage scenario that's kind of destroyed, but they're still there, static. Eternally forgotten

jesseberdinka t1_ivf1cer wrote

This looks like something Bernie Wrightson (RIP) would do. Check out the work he did on Frankenstein!

gdsmithtx t1_ivfcwwb wrote

Good call! It does have the look of something out of Wrightson's sketchbooks.

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivfktg5 wrote

Oh. I have seen a couple of his Frankenstein work and i loved it. His hatching is so on point it's insane.

jesseberdinka t1_ivfv99f wrote

I worked in comics and despite his horror work, he was probably one of the nicest people I've ever met there.

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivhujkk wrote

That's nice to hear! Always good to know that people producing what you like are also genuinely good people. Also reminds me of Junji Ito just an already super sweet person

KelBowie t1_ivfowtn wrote

I feel like this isn’t supposed to be strippers, but it instantly transported me back to memories of that kind of dressing room. They’re usually kind of run down and I’m sure there’s one somewhere that looks just like this. The eyes in her shoulder feel like a representation of some trauma she’s carrying as a result of peoples perception of her.

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivhus0a wrote

That's such an interesting interpretation of the piece. I really like it!

Lost_Way7698 t1_ivf8vuh wrote

I love the detail in this piece of art

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivfl5oe wrote

Took me so long to do them. Thanks for appreciating them

OPsButthole6969 t1_ivg29nw wrote

Seriously amazing work. The lighting and shadows are incredible, along with the following black of the dress

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivhv1ge wrote

Getting the different local tones right is always a tough job, so i'm glad i got that part right lol

Lost_Way7698 t1_ivg5ubp wrote

It does remind of something like ghost in the shell or something along them lines but again, it's a great piece and rather inspiring

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivhv714 wrote

Couldn't take offense from being compared with GitS. Mamoru Oshii's work in general just have this weighted realism to them that i love

V_C_01 t1_ivgyc93 wrote

More Please! This is a mesmerizing piece

Queque_Navabli OP t1_ivhvcac wrote

I hope to be able to keep producing more and more as time passes lol

ClarissaKish t1_ivfqi1q wrote

It's cool, but looks like AI art to me :0 honestly because it's so surreal in it's detail