Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ThePerfectCantelope t1_j8lcst8 wrote

This is not visualized in anyway, but it should be because this is really important data that people need to see

SierraVR6 t1_j8lg5vu wrote

I so badly want to understand which combo has the advantage but this makes my head hurt.

Someone help

Meester_Tweester OP t1_j8mkmpl wrote

It really is a different case for each track. Some allow Baby Daisy Biddybuggy to do a lot of snaking drifts, while other tracks are longer and need more speed so they use Waluigi Biddybuggy. While Baby Daisy Biddybuggy is the fastest strictly speaking, Waluigi Wild Wiggler is the most common in competitive play due to its higher speed and weight stats.

navywater t1_j8lua28 wrote

Saved for later. I always wondered what the best combo was. Its kinda frustrating that mini turbo is so important. I bet the walugi combo is better for the average player that doesnt hit every possible turbo.

Meester_Tweester OP t1_j8mhs4s wrote

You hit the nail on the head. Baby Daisy instead of Waluigi is only the better if you're already good at the game. Using her snaking drifting technique will only save time if you're one of the top speedrunners.

In multiplayer and online, having low weight is a bad thing in competitive play, as you can easily be bumped into walls or off the track. Most competitive players will use a combo with more speed, Waluigi on Wild Wiggler/Azure Roller/Paper Glider (the same one as the Mario Kart Stadium world record).

gonzo8927 t1_j8lgasj wrote

So if you ever play this game, baby daisy in a biggybuggy

Meester_Tweester OP t1_j8mhmpg wrote

That's not really the whole answer, Baby Daisy instead of Waluigi is only better if you're already good at the game. Using her snaking drifting technique will only save time if you're one of the top speedrunners. Like, I've been doing time trials for hundreds of hours and I'm still not good enough to save time with Baby Daisy.

In multiplayer and online, having low weight is a bad thing in competitive play, as you can easily be bumped into walls or off the track. Most competitive players will use a combo with more speed, Waluigi on Wild Wiggler/Azure Roller/Paper Glider (the same one as the Mario Kart Stadium world record). Since this combo is a heavy one, that makes anyone using a lightweight combo vulnerable to almost everyone.

gonzo8927 t1_j8mti8s wrote

Good to know, I have never played anything past the first Mario kart on 64. But this is a good lesson that there is always a deeper layer than what appears

Meester_Tweester OP t1_j8mx6bq wrote

Yeah there is. And what a coincidence, I'm trying out Mario Kart 64 and Super Circuit for the first time on the Expansion Pass.