Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

thekingofthebeasties t1_jd85r3m wrote

F to the sweaty bastards who had to lay those pipes through the desert

SCROTOCTUS t1_jd9n40w wrote

What new species of burrowing spider did they discover today? The one who ate Mike the pipelayer whole. He's gone. Devoured along with his work truck.

w11m t1_jda3ku6 wrote

Went to school with a guy who did that for a bit. He ended up quitting because the job it was so repetitive, and seemed genuinely surprised by the fact.

ruthlesscattle OP t1_jd706fz wrote

Orange is gas pipelines and red is oil pipelines.

Source article: https://ben-nour.com/where-are-australias-oil-and-gas-pipelines-located.html#where-are-australias-oil-and-gas-pipelines-located

Tools: Python (specifically the Folium library). Code can be accessed on Github.

Data source: Geoscience Australia

LoadsDroppin t1_jdab6pz wrote

Thank you. I was like, I know I’m stoopid - but that legend doesn’t define colors shown.

Metalfishead t1_jd7t95b wrote

Which color is gas and which is oil? This is supposed to be r/dataisbeautiful, not r/dataisunclearatbest

tilapios t1_jd73aws wrote

TIL about Tok Pisin, a creole language spoken in Papua Niugini.

amoss_303 t1_jd7f5v6 wrote

I’m assuming their two main oil/gas producing regions are on the border of South Australia/Queensland and in WA off the coast?

KyojinkaEnkoku t1_jd7wrgk wrote

What that big white area in the middle?

RadlogLutar t1_jd730oi wrote

The true scale of how Australia is to put India (with a population of 1235+ million people) beside Australia

Doodoss t1_jd9bsor wrote

And there might be more! These here are probably the transmission lines and not distribution or gathering limes which can increase the mileage significantly

ruthlesscattle OP t1_jd9temz wrote

In the source article there’s also a map of proposed pipelines.

zergling424 t1_jd84mfo wrote

Ahh so that's the great Australian dead zone that my sister who moved down there was telling me about. Said it was huge but this puts into perspective

Koala5000 t1_jd8hn23 wrote

Thanks, this is just what I need for my big sabotage mission.

abitrolly t1_jd9gdf2 wrote

Would be nice to see the map of such pipes in conflicting regions.

cow_blizard_78 t1_jdbeovz wrote

If you view the source article you can interact with the map and zoom in on any region

abitrolly t1_jdbi6t3 wrote

Yep, but there is no data outside of Australia.