Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

happy_cleaner t1_iu80bfj wrote

If anyone wants access to this kind of lidar data for 3d printing or whatever I wanted to point out opentopography.org I use this data sometimes to make 3d terrain prints.

forsakenchickenwing t1_iu84pww wrote

This is excellent! If the data itself (underlying point data) also available for download?

Edit: yes, I realize that I might need to head straight for r/datahoarder after this :)

jonkeegan OP t1_iu9qkl4 wrote

Yep you can grab the point clouds as LAS files for any segment. I had some trouble working with them in Cloud Compare though.

kirijo t1_iu5g0bg wrote

Does anyone know what causes the diagonal striation-like artifacts on the right side of the roadway?

jonkeegan OP t1_iu5gvzr wrote

I think it's sort of a moiré pattern of the overlapping points.

WhenTheDevilCome t1_iu67v4e wrote

No idea either. Some artifact of it being the far side (or the close side) to the scanner as the truck went down the road?

It seems like that might be "the far side" from the scanner. At least when I see the "snake" appear on the opposite side from the diagonal pattern, I'm thinking the snake is a vehicle which was traveling in the same direction and speed as the scanning truck for a bit.

xantham t1_iu6tsy4 wrote

I've been trying to get my a1m8 to do that. I think I just need to throw in the towel with that $100 model and spend around 800 to 1000 for something that will make a decent point cloud. But that thing is way nicer than anything affordable to me. Mind procuring it from udot? ill give you my address and pay for shipping